What's new
As an update, I had 3 netdimms that were throwing error 22. Two have been revived and one looks like someone hacked it up real good before I got it.

The first thing I did was remove the fujitsu flash chip at IC36, flashed with firmware with 3.17, and resolder.

This fixed 2. Not certain if it was a bad solder, or if the firmware just became corrupt. I did not need to replace the fairchild chips...yet.

The net daughter board on the third dimm was good, so I converted a NON-netdimm to a netdimm.

There are three main things that cause error 22. First thing to try is the flash chip, as you did. They don't fail often but they do. Especially the old 56 pin Fujitsus. Second is the buffer. These fail more often than the flash. I've fixed a few by replacing this. Third can be the custom Sega chip right next to the flash. These can fail or need to be reballed. If they are bad it's cheaper to source another dimm. As a side note the custom on the Sega DIMM is also used in four places on the Hikaru pcbs. ;)

Once you get past the buffer step I would just swap in a known-working daughterboard to see if it works. The QFP chips on the daughterboards can sometimes need to be reflowed. Especially on the normal dimms.

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone can help me upgrade my normal GD dim to a CF/Net dim.
I have a Xgecu Tl866Ii Plus Programmer and I bought a NAND08 TSOP48 NAND Adapter for TL866II Plus Programmer.
My programmer might be a clone but it has programmed every chip and adaptor ive thrown at it except this one.

nandxgecu.jpg

When I plug it into my programmer, I get cant find adaptor error come up.
just wonder if any one can help me please

thanks

Last edited:
this looks like the cheapest option:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994437669.html
it is good because combined with your top board you can do a LOT of chips
or you could email them and ask about a single board - i dont think you will save much because half that price is for shipping.

this looks like the cheapest option:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994437669.html
it is good because combined with your top board you can do a LOT of chips
or you could email them and ask about a single board - i dont think you will save much because half that price is for shipping.
Ok thanks ive just ordered them both my dimm boards are v1.02 so I have to flash them to 3.17 firmware by programming the chip ?

o.k. - just wondered.
btw, where in uk are you?
if you have more issues i could probably program a flash for you
i probably have compatable spare chips

Thanks, I live in Essex, if I could have 1 from you,even if i get 1 up and running whilst im waiting for my adaptor to come, how much ?
and thanks so much for your help.Sorry forgot to say I dont mind paying the postage for the chip as well.

Last edited:
i'll check my salvaged chip collection and see if i have something.

TIP: never throw away old cable or sattelite boxes - they have ram and flash that is often used in that era of arcade pcb's :)

i'll check my salvaged chip collection and see if i have something.

TIP: never throw away old cable or sattelite boxes - they have ram and flash that is often used in that era of arcade pcb's :)
thanks mate much appreciated desperate to get my netdimm on 1.02 upgraded

Hi, the links to the original files are not longer available. Does anyone have links to the firmware files for 3.17 and 4.02?

The new 4.02 binary you created, I can flash that directly onto the chip right? I don't need to go through the 3.17 step and upgrading via netboot to 4.02. Also, you're saying some boards just won't work? Will those boards won't work even if you do the 3.17 update to 4.02 step?

Back