What's new
What’s the max someone has gone with a ttx3 mobo for cpu & gfx?

For CPU, I believe the highest you can go is a Xeon E3-1290, which runs at 3.6 ghz. Just make sure it's the original and NOT the V2 (Ivy Bridge).
As for the GPU, as long as you update the bios, the sky is the limit, provided it fits and your power supply can handle it.

Hi all. Just wanted to get some clairity on GPU upgrades. When upgrading, is the mobo bios updated or the video card bios? If its the mobo, once updated do all video cards work? if its the GPU, are there only ones that work? Just wanted to make sure as reading through the thread i got confused.

If you upgrade the motherboard bios to v23 then you can use any card.
If not, you need to find a video card that supports a non-uefi bios. The GTX 780 is about the last card with a non-uefi bios available.

If you upgrade the motherboard bios to v23 then you can use any card.
If not, you need to find a video card that supports a non-uefi bios. The GTX 780 is about the last card with a non-uefi bios available.
thanks!! is this as simple as updating any regular bios on a mobo?

Hello,

I want to use one TTX3 to run X1/X2 and Nesica games with my new net city cabinet. As the monitor runs at 31 KHz, so I'd like to know what would be the best GPU (with VGA output) that I could use with my TTX3. Not sure if current DVI outputs can output VGA without requiring a signal converter.

Thanks!

Stock power supply on this one is 600w
How ever it looks like it only has 6 pins connectors for the video card.
A evga gtx 960 fits though 👌
But it has a 8 pin connector 😕

Attachments

• 17107034261526737508217432774920.jpg
    17107034261526737508217432774920.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 17107035568367988406492720084563.jpg
    17107035568367988406492720084563.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 20
Stock power supply on this one is 600w
How ever it looks like it only has 6 pins connectors for the video card.
A evga gtx 960 fits though 👌
But it has a 8 pin connector 😕
What did you end up doing? New power supply? If so which? Funny I just ordered one as well so now I’m curious as to what I will need to do.
Thank you.

What did you end up doing? New power supply? If so which? Funny I just ordered one as well so now I’m curious as to what I will need to do.
Thank you.
i ran into the same issue. was a simple solution for me though. i had a spare PS from my last pc build. i just replaced mine. But i only did that because i couldnt find my 6 to 8 pin adapters.

Thank you.
Never mind I guess the post after yours explained, get a 6 to 8 pin adapter haha. Thank you

Need some help. I flashed bios, all went well, put a gtx 1650 in and downloaded driver on my regular pc then installed it to my ttx3 pc when in explorer in artax 4.1 multi. All went well and working fine for a few days then ended up putting in a 1660 super then downloaded driver and installed it on top of 1650 driver and not doing a fresh instal. l guess it broke something. Now I get a splash screen of the artax then goes into a black screen. So looks like installing a second driver without deleting previous did something. How do I delete those drivers now that I can’t really boot into explorer or like a safe recovery like in this video attached below. This video looks like the answer as it mimics what happens on my end however I would be doing this as an external drive on my regular pc and not to my main drive as you see in video below. Hope it all makes sense. Here’s a link to the video that helps fix the problem. So my problem is, need to delete nvidia drivers from my hard drive that is now external connected to my regular pc and not to the taito type x because I can’t get to the troubleshoot. Thank you if you can help.

View: https://youtu.be/F8OLhUAPDq0?si=xVAw7zrOyaiTY5ll

I am pretty sure you don’t need to download and add drivers manually… there are a stack of available drivers on the image itself… do you know if it is playing blind or not making it that far…?

I wasn’t aware of it, having drivers already in the image. So you basically see the artax 4.1 logo then goes black and stays there with pc on. Does not shut off.

Back