What's new
the games should only output 1080p no matter what settings is set as arcade games are usually hardcoded for a specific hardware. i might be wrong but that's what i'm told. maybe t7 and exlayer draws more power or heats up the card faster and the card can't cope due to some reason. try replacing the thermal paste. do the games work if you use another card in the same system? you can rule out the ssd/game being faulty. my ttx3 psu is rated for 600W but i can run the msi 680 lightning which requires a higher rated psu but i had flashed a bios that had a lower power draw. you can try a different psu to see if the psu cant cope with the power requirements. this might not be the case as Samurai showdown 2019 is a demanding game as well and it ramps up the fan. i will update if i can think of any other things to try. hope i can help a fellow enthusiast.

Thanks for the help guys. My original was actually a 640 but it boots up these games fine. Well, slow, but no crashing. So the SSD image is fine, cpu/ram upgrades fine. My 780ti does seem to pass the testing I threw at it so either a) it doesn’t play well with a few games for some reason or b) I don’t know how to test properly!

I may try an older non-UEFI bios and see if that makes a difference.

I know for sure a 780ti will work in the X3 using different multi. The one I used is this one. I had to reflash the bios with a non uefi one of course. This one is made by PNY.

Attachments

• 780ti.jpg
    780ti.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 141
Well, my 780 also worked with an older multi, even with fighting ex layer (though it didn’t have t7). @300wins if you upgrade though please lemme know if yours works with those 2 games!

I know for sure a 780ti will work in the X3 using different multi. The one I used is this one. I had to reflash the bios with a non uefi one of course. This one is made by PNY.

Do you have a link to the non UEFI bios? I have the same PNY 780Ti with an EK waterblock from an old build. Planning to get an X3. I think i'll call it "X3 Overkill" :D

Very informative as always, thanks for the time/write up. I appreciate it :thumbsup:

i7-2600k is fine in mine

Back