What's new
Oops, got my links confused. Thanks for the clarification.

After brushing the BIOS, the original hard disk games can't be played. I want to use the Games in the original hard disk

Thanks for this guide @ShootTheCore. It helped me do both TTX3's I have, except one doesn't want to co-operate properly and boot.

I successfully flashed the f/w using the guide and the bios shows it's b23 now

HqbaBUZl.jpg

The boot sequence will show the TTX3 screen

mZlHzZLl.jpg

Then it'll show the Intel ME screen

y73JP07l.jpg

Finally after a while, it'll state that it cannot find boot drive

uKmxB4yl.jpg

When I turn it back on it "repairs" the drive, but it's the same thing - it doesn't find the boot drive

SkZ36uel.jpg

I've tried multiple different ssd's and it's the same issue

Any suggestions? I'm 99.9% certain I followed the same process with this particular ttx3 as the first one (although i'm having doubts now considering this doesn't boot properly).

Interesting. I have two hunches:

1) The disk image you're writing to the SSDs is corrupted.
2) The data is being corrupted as it's being read from the SSD.

In the latter case, try replacing the SSD data cable with a fresh one.

For the first case, you can try downloading the free Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft to create a Windows setup flash drive, then boot from it, and follow the Windows setup prompts to format the drive and install Windows. If the installation completes and Windows boots successfully then you'll know that there's a problem with your disk image and not the TTX hardware.

Yeah I'll try it out.

I just don't think the disk the SSD is corrupted, as it works perfectly fine on the other TTX3 and 3x different ssd's work fine on the other ttx3 too.

I'll try another cable and will also try and install windows normally and see how I go on a different disk

Edit: tried a new cable - same behaviour.

Right now, I'm just trying to get windows installed to try and get booting so I can go back in and re-flash it again (maybe I missed something). Hopefully once it installs windows, it'll boot to it properly

Last edited:
Back to report that the TTX3 is back in action with the same SSD :D

I re-installed windows 10 vanilla on another SSD and got it to a stage where it booted into windows

CsrAU6Fl.jpg

I then re-flashed the bios with the same settings again

tFZXmIkl.jpg

Once flashed, I swapped over the SSD and voila! Back in action!

NYzCg2Vl.jpg

I am assuming it had a bad flash without me realising and I just assumed it went OK as it rebooted after the flash, but if ever anyone has this issue, they can just re-install Windows and re-flash.

It's always weird when you fix your own problems and reply to yourself when asking for help hahahah

Back to report that the TTX3 is back in action with the same SSD :D

I re-installed windows 10 vanilla on another SSD and got it to a stage where it booted into windows

CsrAU6Fl.jpg

I then re-flashed the bios with the same settings again

tFZXmIkl.jpg

Once flashed, I swapped over the SSD and voila! Back in action!

NYzCg2Vl.jpg

I am assuming it had a bad flash without me realising and I just assumed it went OK as it rebooted after the flash, but if ever anyone has this issue, they can just re-install Windows and re-flash.

It's always weird when you fix your own problems and reply to yourself when asking for help hahahah

Always good for the next person.

I noticed that my b16 revision (as identified in the bios screen at bootup) TTX3 dumped out a 2 megabyte file with the flashing tool, but your file "TTX3 E9A46I3E V1.0b16 071113.bin" is 8,388,608 bytes. Does anyone know the reason for the size discrepancy? The only thing I can think of is that one is a complete image of the entire memory space, and one is just the actual written parts. ROM vs BIN?

@ShootTheCore THANKS! I used this excellent guide to dump and upgrade the BIOS on my X3. Have yet to try a new GPU but all went well it seems. Thanks for simplifying it all.

The only thing that stumped me for 30 seconds or so was having to use the drop down to select a .bin file when flashing.

Last edited:
Thought I would post about my upgrade experience. The steps for upgrading the BIOS were spot on all the way through with no issue for myself. I installed an EVGA GTX 960, and after booting and setting the resolution to 1920x1080, it ran great. It was running kind of choppy and the resolution was off at first before changing the resolution to 1920x1080. With the stock GTX 660, the Street Fighter V benchmark was at 52.17 FPS. After throwing the 960 in there, the SF5 benchmark came up to 59.87 FPS. I have not seen issues with any games I have played so far. Thank you again for the instructions and file. I am cautious to pull the trigger on stuff like this but it worked out great!

Back