What's new
The Circuit on the Puzz Loop 2 adatper is different than the one on the Brizzo Adapter.
Brizzo's adapter is based on a diagram from SNK for use with the MVS I believe.
The brizzo Adapter uses a flip-flop and a pulse generator along with some AND gates (for direction control)

The Capcom adapter uses multiple flip flops and a counter.

They're a similar concept but I'd venture a guess that they have different output pulse frequencies. the major difference is that the Brizzo/SNK adapter is intended to work with games that are expecting a joystick input, the Capcom adapter is only designed to work with games that are explicitly expecting a spinner and the adapter.

Hey guys,

Reading through the threads on here you guys seem into custom controls. Thought you might find this older project of mine interesting

At one point in time a friend asked me if I could make a PCB from a schematic he had. Sure, why not?! What he sent me was the schematic by Nightmare Tony (who worked for SNK) to use a spinner to interface with joystick left/right. (Attached schematic)

I got so excited! I'm a big fan of Puzzle Bobble, what better way to play it?! There are a few games that benefit from playing this way.... but PUZZLE BOBBLE WITH SPINNERS!!! :thumbsup:

Another friend suggested making it a jamma pass through connector, genius! Here is the resulting pcb design, with improvements for 2-player. Joysticks work properly with this installed too

jamma_spinner_adapter.jpg

It wasn't my plan to come on here and start selling, but I checked with Darksoft how I should handle it if anyone wanted to buy these. He told me to post here with a price :thumbup:

$48 USD each plus shipping costs (Shipping cost with tracking approx $12 for USA, $18-22 for International)

If you got any questions about pcb design, soldering, equipment I use, let me know :D
Are these still available? I would love one!!

So I've got my hands on a Puzz Loop 2 CPS2 with the dedicated Capcom IO board, and I can say that, despite it working peefectly well for Puzz loop 2, the IO board absolutely does not work at all for any other system. Here is the result on MVS without touching anything, and it does not move a bit if you rotate the spinners.

I don't know who came up with this rumor, but you can not use it like Brizzo's adapter.
IMG_20230718_065621.jpg

hi fredo,
yes this pcb is specific for pzloop2. With the brizzo adapter, you can make the same fonctionnality with little modification.
Look the thread for eco fighters :)

Push the red heart button for extra options :D

Last edited:
So I've got my hands on a Puzz Loop 2 CPS2 with the dedicated Capcom IO board, and I can say that, despite it working peefectly well for Puzz loop 2, the IO board absolutely does not work at all for any other system. Here is the result on MVS without touching anything, and it does not move a bit if you rotate the spinners.

I don't know who came up with this rumor, but you can not use it like Brizzo's adapter.
IMG_20230718_065621.jpg
Got a picture of that I/O PCB?

Got a picture of that I/O PCB?
I don't have pics of mine right now, but it's that classic Capcom 00718-1 board for Puzz loop 2, nothing special about mine, and it works perfectly fine with that game.

if needed, i can send it (but need to return after^^) or take lot of pictures. :)

We will eventually release an updated version of this that works with hursit spinners also (original doesn't work with them).

Anyone know what's different about the ecofighter unit from the puzzloop one?

We will eventually release an updated version of this that works with hursit spinners also (original doesn't work with them).

a lot. the eco fighter one taps into the kick harness, for one thing. i can send you mine for a couple months to check it out.

Thats interesting.... typically that's resolved by adding or changing the resistor configuration on the opto board. beyond that it should just be pulses and the Hursit spinners have the correct pulse rate.

Eco Fighters is a different PCB but AFAIK it's the same circuit, just mapped to different pins.

Here is the original ECO Fighters PCB:
ursb_1.JPG

ursb_2.JPG

someone in Japan made a 1:1 repo of it, that was sold on YAJ a while back:
roll_new2.jpg

i-img1198x898-1676789794ngwj9b1090999.jpg

Attached is the PDF of the JP manual for this board describing the pinout

I believe the jumpers might switch it between ECO Fights and PuzzLoop 2 mode

there are some less refined repos floating around as well:
Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• ursb_n.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thats interesting.... typically that's resolved by adding or changing the resistor configuration on the opto board. beyond that it should just be pulses and the Hursit spinners have the correct pulse rate.

Eco Fighters is a different PCB but AFAIK it's the same circuit, just mapped to different pins.

Here is the original ECO Fighters PCB:
ursb_1.JPG

ursb_2.JPG

someone in Japan made a 1:1 repo of it, that was sold on YAJ a while back:
roll_new2.jpg

i-img1198x898-1676789794ngwj9b1090999.jpg

Attached is the PDF of the JP manual for this board describing the pinout

I believe the jumpers might switch it between ECO Fights and PuzzLoop 2 mode

there are some less refined repos floating around as well:
Untitled.jpg
well whaddya know. i bought that eco fighters setup from that guy.

Attachments

• 20230718_224353.jpg
    20230718_224353.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230718_224346.jpg
    20230718_224346.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 42

Is there an update on this? I finally got a pair of Hurst spinners (weirdly enough, with your name on one box) and I'm eager for an all in one solution. Something that does FW, all the damn Arkanoid games, the F3 stuff, EF, PL, etc, plus Brizzo's board so we can do joystick games too.

We could definitely repro eco fighters one too!

Would the above include the ability to do EC too?

Back