What's new
I've just got hold of one of these too. Hoping it solves my N2 problems! At the very least I'm hoping for less stress on the Naomi's!

ef442dcf-3067-4cd6-ba6f-c08d823260b2.jpg

I've just got hold of one of these too. Hoping it solves my N2 problems! At the very least I'm hoping for less stress on the Naomi's!

ef442dcf-3067-4cd6-ba6f-c08d823260b2.jpg
Whilst it hasn't fixed my RAM problems - I am now getting the error much more consistently!

I've adjusted the voltages so it's doing:

Last edited:
I have a thermaltake smart series 500w psu, would this work with my naomi 2 with non-net dimm?

just opened up my qp-150 and am having difficulty adjusting it. admittedly i am a noob.

best i can do seems to be 5v at 5.45 which results in 3v being 3.25 (without load)

i assume this will drop when connected, but does this sound about right?

otherwise when exactly at 5v without load, i get 3.3v at 3.04

It has separate adjustments for +5V (V1) and +3.3V (V2).

Also, don't try to make adjustments without a load connected. Mean Wells do not work correctly without a load.

Also, don't try to make adjustments without a load connected. Mean Wells do not work correctly without a load.
Gotcha, just didn't want to connect it and have it read high. I can't seem to adjust the +3.3v separately, it will only increase when I increase the 5v. Turning the pot for 3.3v doesn't seem to anything but lower or increase value by 0.01.

That's because you don't have a load on the +3.3V rail.

X/ ahaha

thanks nem, i will give it a go underload and see how i go. appreciate you taking the time to point that out to me, like i said i am a noob :thumbsup:

Reactions: nem

This goes for basically all arcade / switch mode power supplies. There is a minimum required load for most supplies like this to operate as you said.

Reactions: nem
Friend made this. Has all 3 voltages on a different PSU which makes it great for troubleshooting power problems. Also has a place to populate for the gdrom drive power, but I never use that. Costs about $75 to make

Attachments

• Photo Dec 12 2023, 12 19 26 PM.jpg
    Photo Dec 12 2023, 12 19 26 PM.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 43
Back