What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Wrote a bunch of staff then I lost all my info.. quick summary and I will just call it a day..

1) Monitor stand - perfect for the Taito LCDs New and old, brings everything that you need,, right size screws and all. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181946854035

2) Two Taito LCD new.. Taito sealed everything with a Taito tape to let me know that the units are new,, even the bags.

3) Each LCD after shipping and wire transfer cost $1820.00.. great packaging.. You can buy a lot of love in all the right places with that type of money:)

4) Love the LCDs - child proof, power on like a normal LCD power cord, control panel has a magnet that can be placed anywhere on the monitor stand.. There is a feature call pixel clock that you can increase. I need to look into that and get more info. The monitor really shines with PC games and Taito Type X2 games.. need to try Naomi. Only negative.. like all LCDs there is blur which to my eyes can improve by increasing the contrast level to 92.....I hate monitor blueness with a passion.. I have not seen a monitor that performs better than the Sony FW900 but that is a CRT and not really to be compared with an LCD and 32" vs 24"..

5) The LCD that I got from Jassin I will probably place it for sale soon (Mitus is building an enclosure for the PSU since it is not child proof) but will be pickup only or you arrange shipping.

6) Taito is out of LCDs - No ETA, "in the future" they will have more.

Attachments

• image2-5.JPG
    image2-5.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 355
  • image1-5.JPG
    image1-5.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 329
  • image3-4.JPG
    image3-4.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 298
  • image4-3.JPG
    image4-3.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 321
  • image5-2.JPG
    image5-2.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 304
  • image6-2.JPG
    image6-2.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 314
  • image7.JPG
    image7.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 333
  • image8.JPG
    image8.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
More testing.. Naomi and Taito type x2 games that have sprite like (MsC2, raiden 3/4) look great with a scanline generator, that is the prefer method to play on this LCD.. Games like STF4 and alike HD is where this monitor excell.. Load a game and click on the monitor control panel to auto scale and configure and play on. Love the monitor:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 318
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 317
what is the scanline generator you're using ? Does it do any upscaling as well ?

SNK caught that vewlix fever that Jassin has been spreading. I got it real bad myself <X , still recuperating from it :D

Tatio Type X4? for 1080 60pfs? How long untill you guys pick this up? :thumbup:

what current arcade games use the "new type" screens over the 720i?

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dissidia_Final_Fantasy_(2015)

TLDR from wiki
"Hayashi's team felt that 60fps was necessary despite members outside of the team expressing doubt over it. Hayashi has explained it makes the game glide along in a simple, stress-free way—something he considers integral to getting people into arcades day after day.[17]
In a press conference on April 10, 2015, Sony Computer Entertainment president Atsushi Morita revealed that the game is being developed with the core technology of the PlayStation 4. Square Enix said that they want to release it for arcades first and the console version will not be available until at least a year after the launch.[18][/sup] Producer Ichiro Hazama contacted Sony (SCEJA) about getting PS4-based arcade hardware. What he got was literally an arcade machine with a PS4 inside it, albeit one that had been customized for arcade use.[sup][17][/sup] The game will use a controller akin to a divided DualShock 4 in lieu of traditional arcade buttons and stick to help traditional Final Fantasy players get into the game.[sup][17]"

For me the LCDs are for PC based arcade types games not for actual arcade staff.

Back