What's new

jac

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello! Recently got an X2 off of ebay and need a bit of guidance on how to set it up.

my setup:
* Taito X2 Model215A
* Fast I/O K91X1204B
* Capcom I/O board
* Blast City cab

(Pics attached)
components.jpg
fast_io.jpg
motherboard.jpg
error.jpg

Basically i'm wondering how it all "goes together" or if someone can share pictures of their setup.
When firing up for the first time I get an error message "No I/O board detected!" Now I assume I would either hookup the Capcom I/O or Fast I/O , not both right? And if I were to hookup the capcom board and supply power over the edge connector the error should go away? I'm just a little overly cautious of hooking something up wrong so wanted some input ^^

Thank you!

I can’t quite tell from the internal motherboard photos... memory is foggy on what the specific cards look like from the top view.

What does the motherboard look like from the side? Just a photo of the side with the dvi connectors, audio jack plug, etc. I’m trying to figure out if your x2 has an idmac card for the fast io, it looks like Ethernet ports. Or if you just have an input for jvs, which is probably labeled and looks like usb.

Reactions: jac
Couple more pics--one of the side, and close up of moetherboard

side.jpg
motherboard_2.jpg

^^^^ yep

The capcom io will need power. I assume you have a jamma harness in your Blast, so it will take power from that.

Audio and video you have options...

I have a vga cable right into my chassis on my Blast, but you might not. If you have one too, you can run the video direct (dvi to vga adapter) into your chassis. If not you can run vga into the capcom io and you will get video from there into the jamma harness. It will still be 31khz.

Either way I think 480p is the best you’ll be able to handle, so run the x2’s dip 2 off.

The green audio jack will give you stereo out. You could run that into your harness direct if you want, or into the capcom io.

Put the fastio away you won’t need it.

Thanks! Got it working with my test harness / monitor. (pics attached)
Next step will be in the blast city. Question though--what's the point of having fast I/O board?-is it possible to use with my setup?

capcomio_power.jpg
x2_to_capcomio.jpg
working.jpg

The fast io samples inputs faster than a jvs io like the capcom. Can I tell? Not really. Some people can. Meh.

But you can’t use it anyway. Your x2 is lacking the card that it would connect to. You’d also need a wiring harness from your controller into it. I think some games require it, but there are ways to use jvs and emulate the fastio so that’s even moot.

Otherwise yeah it’s not useful to you right now.

Got it! do you have a picture of what the card looks like?

There are a few different cards depending on what they go in (x2/x3) but they all just look like Ethernet ports on the outside. You’ll have a hard time finding one for sale separately. Best bet to find one is to buy an x2 from yahoo japan that was running nesica, so it has one installed already

I was just wondering if J-PAC can replace Capcom I/O board. Can anyone tell? What's the pupose of the USB and PS/2 port?

Back