What's new
Just buy a pi power supply.
Most micro usb cables have very thin wires and can't handle the 2 amps current the pi need to boot properly.
The Pi only get's 4.7 to 4.8V and becomes unstable.
The pi power supply adapters only have 2 wires coming out and they are thicker.
The recommended power adapter for a Pi3 B+ is a 2.5 amp one.
Most phone chargers and general purpose adapters are unable to deliver that amount of current.
2 amps? There's whole arcade cabinets that don't draw that.

When you say cross-over cable, do you mean go to eBay and type ethernet cross-over cable?

I'm setting up a Naomi 2, netdimm, zero key, Pi3 B and jvs. I will many questions as parts arrive ;)

Made the plunge right before the mvs preorder so I'm trying to limit my mistakes...money wise. I'll mess something up, it's just what I do.

When you say cross-over cable, do you mean go to eBay and type ethernet cross-over cable?
Yeah, that's what a cross over cable mean. It's an useful and a simple way for setting up a 2 computer network without the use of a hub.

I just wasn't sure because right below it, it mentions a regular ethernet cable won't work.

They look the same to me.

For the record I've never gotten a cross-over cable to work between my PC and Naomi.

I think it was included in one my PDF old tutorials.

In any case you need to MANUALLY set both on the computer the IP address, DNS Mask and Gateway.

One example woulg be to use on the naomi:
IP 192.168.1.1
mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.2

and on the Naomi
IP 192.168.1.2
Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.2

I'm writing this from the top of my head.

Isn't the pi ethernet port "auto detect" like most modern ethernet devices nowadays?
This should mean that a normal cable can be used as well as a crossover cable.
The ip settings are the same for both cables as well.

So, maybe someone could give it a try to confirm it's like that.

afaik it's possible but it must linked to a computer that will respond to the continued requests from the dimm.
Interesting. Mine's directly connected to the raspberry pi, and I just leave the pi on and it doesn't work. Maybe PiForceTools doesn't continue to respond to the Chihiro after sending the game initially?

There are versions of triforcetools.py that have the code remarked out that resets the watchdog. If the program exits after loading the game, it's such a version. The program remains running if it has the routine to keep the system happy without pic. It's also possible that it only works on a chihiro 1 and triforce 1
The code to download sectors from the netdimm also only works on chihiro 1.

You must have some kind of PIC installed on Chihiro and Triforce. The system will not boot at all if it is missing. It will give you error 26. No way around it.

I posted a thread about my problem but will also post here in case it helps someone else as well.

I followed all of the instructions above for my netdimm, pi and Naomi 2 and still get an error 34. Now sure what's wrong, any suggestions?

Thanks!

error 34 is an incorrect gateway. That means your net dimm doent see the pi. Which likely means one of the following
1. You crossover cable is bad or the wrong type of cable.
2. The gateway ip on your naomin is set wrong
3. The ip address of your pi set wrong.
4. Worst case scenario is that the ethernet port on either your pi or your net dimm Is bad.

Last edited:
error 34 is an incorrect gateway. That means your net dimm doent see the pi. Which likely means one of the following
You crossover cable is bad or the wrong type of cable.2. The gateway ip on your naomin is set wrong
3. The ip address of your pi set wrong.
4. Worst case scenario is that the ethernet port on either your pi or your net dimm Is bad.
Am I missing a way to change or verify the IP on my pi? I copied Piforcetools over to the card and as far as I understand, it should default to 192.168.1.2, right? I set this IP up on the Naomi and didn't need to mess with the gateway as it was already set to 255.255.255.0. I can try a new crossover cable and even a newer pi tomorrow but would like to get an answer on setting the pi IP first before I go and do that.

Back