What's new

mltv

Professional
Reaction score
Hey folks - I have an urge to make a multi-screen setup, and am investigating going down the darius burst route. I know with a PC (and even a Mac) to get a multiscreen darius burst setup is fairly straightforward. But, I want to go the ps3 route - I have some spare, and I also have the hori vewlix premium panel that I would like to use. I just am not sure if ps3 supports multiple displays (and if it does, I have no idea how).

I also have a eyefinity setup (from my forza racing rig) that has 3 x 22" LCD panels - and the way the screens are angled and with the small bezels, it's virtually seemless - is this something that a PS3, and DB, can support? (3 displays)

I need some hand holding - thanks!

DB is a 2 screen game so I doubt it'd work with the forza setup. No idea on how or if multiple screens are available on consoles :/.

ah right, thanks man.

I can always break it down to 2 x 22" (but kinda small then for what I want).

So, I would then have two questions based on the limit of 2 screens:

1. (This I know I can google for, so no need to google for me, unless you know off top of your head) Does the hori vewlix premium ps3 panel work under PC or Mac?

2. Any decent (+27") LCD monitors with small bezels?

If I can use the panel under a PC or a Mac, then it's all easy - $20 steam purchase, and buying some LCD's. Im looking to build a cabinet for that panel specifically. So, if that panel works on a pc/mac, then I think that's the way I should go.

I see men_gunners posts on instagram with a dual screen PC setup: https://www.instagram.com/men_gunners/

I'm fairly certain the PC release is the only home version that supports multiple monitors.

I can't imagine the game is very system intensive so you could probably get away with a PC that costs less than a second PS4 anyway.

some games do support multi screens on ps3 but it is very rare Gran Turismo is the only game that comes to mind and for that o work you need multiple ps3s and game copys.

some games do support multi screens on ps3 but it is very rare Gran Turismo is the only game that comes to mind and for that o work you need multiple ps3s and game copys.
That is incredibly cool to know. I had no idea that was a thing at all.

Does the hori vewlix premium ps3 panel work under PC or Mac?
It works okay using DS3Tool. I had one for a few years, could never get it to work right on my mac, even under bootcamp. Works great on PC though.

Upgraded recently to the PS4 one (also does PS3) in anticipation of SFV.

$20 steam purchase
Game's $50, my friend. And all the DLC is pricey too T_T.

Back