What's new

arcadeaction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final Fight arcade game restoration is Finally Finished!

It was lots of fun and I put much authentic and historically-accurate effort in this to make it the best I could: from metal working, wood working, electronics/monitor, wiring, artwork design/application, painting etc.

Check out the full story write up and photos here:

https://arcademade.com/pages/capcom-final-fight-arcade-game-cabinet-restoration

Attachments

• _-ff-header.jpg
    _-ff-header.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 307
  • _-zzz700.jpg
    _-zzz700.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 259
really well done, also, your sense of humour is the icing on the cabinet cake. I cant believe you found all that original art work !! congrats

That is sweet! I saw on ebay someone made a vewlix final fight art set. I don’t even have the board or a way to get it into my cab and I was still tempted because it is so damn cool. Such a great game. The attract is stuck in my head from my childhood.

Sweet restore man.

Thanks for putting all that work into it for a new life.

Also I like your Candy is Dandy T shirts. I would like one in a LRG "Sand" Color please.

really well done, also, your sense of humour is the icing on the cabinet cake. I cant believe you found all that original art work !! congrats
Yeah, it was strange because I'd been collecting parts for Final Fight for quite sometime (literally 3.5 - 4yrs) and the last week when I was finishing the project that Capcom kit showed up.

Found the PCB in a warehouse sitting on a pile of things, and that converted control panel separately, and other parts on different pickups. The speakers are the same as in HS-5 cabinets which provide a bit more base. Normally these cabinets have two speaker grill holes but only one is populated with a speaker. I added another speaker (wired in parallel I believe) so there is one in each grill hole for a fuller sound.

BONUS: Final Fight actually has THREE buttons. The secret third button is a parry button that allows you to escape from holds/grabs. If Andore or another boss like the policeman grabs you, it is possible to escape. Even when Andore grabs you do to a flying slam you can escape mid air. Your character will actually laugh when he escapes.

I have wired the third button to the start buttons so you can tap them quickly to attempt an escape. This works quite well.

I believe I read about the third button here on Arcade-Projects when they were discussing the Final Fight mod for three simultaneous players.

Last edited:
that is fun stuff. I didn't know about that 3p mod either. is it a rom you can play with mame? I went ahead and bought the vewlix final fight art set and my plan was to get mister fpga connected in the cab to run the game. if I can somehow run a 3p version that would be fun. I would definitely set that up for my next get together.

that is fun stuff. I didn't know about that 3p mod either. is it a rom you can play with mame? I went ahead and bought the vewlix final fight art set and my plan was to get mister fpga connected in the cab to run the game. if I can somehow run a 3p version that would be fun. I would definitely set that up for my next get together.
Here is one article on Final Fight 3 player: https://www.retrorgb.com/final-figh...gs-3-player-mode-to-real-arcade-hardware.html

Regarding mister FPGA, a friend of mine recently made a video how he wired it for two players in a JAMMA cab, here is that video:

cool. that looks like a lot of components. Someone sells a little interface board that will translate jvs to keyboard presses, I forget what it is called. I used it to run super meat boy in my vewlix cab conencted to a laptop and it worked, so I'm hoping that board works with the mister and I can just assign keys to all the functions, but I haven't tested it yet. video and audio are easy enough.

If you come across the name of that interface board, please post it back here, sounds interesting.

Back