What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
Anyone know of all the ST-V games, do any have more than 3 buttons? Any 4-5-6 button games at all?

Groove on fight needs a kick harness as does the golden axe game (revenge of death adder?)

Reason for asking is I have one of those big ugly Die Hard Arcade cabs that I will be converting. More work to add buttons 4-5-6 since the button layout is psuedo-Astro City layout but not quite.

these games all use more than 3:
- Astra Superstars
- Elan Doree
- Final Fight Revenge
- Golden Axe: The Duel
- Groove on Fight
- Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty

Alrighty then. Looks like I have to buy an auto fiberglass repair kit then. Time to plug up those holes and redrill them.

Reason for asking is I have one of those big ugly Die Hard Arcade cabs that I will be converting. More work to add buttons 4-5-6 since the button layout is psuedo-Astro City layout but not quite.
I actually like those die hard cabs. Everyone says they look like a trash can, it has a very distinct look. I almost bought one at one point.

OT: The first STV board I got came with Golden Axe the duel and the guy set it up to take a cps2 kick harness.

Everyone says they look like a trash can, it has a very distinct look
The reputation as the "trash can cab" has to do with the fact that Sega commissioned a company that normally only manufactures trash cans to make that cab. they do feel like they're made out of the same plastic material as modern trash cans.

They do look kind of cool but they're horribly designed. the monitor is nearly impossible to get to without disassembling the whole damn thing and opening up the control panel is annoying as it involves two separate keys in very tricky to access locations.

the cabinet is also super heavy due to the giant metal base and the PCB is mounted to the back door so swapping out games (or carts) is also a huge pain in the ass.

but hey... looks cool :D

Everyone says they look like a trash can, it has a very distinct look
The reputation as the "trash can cab" has to do with the fact that Sega commissioned a company that normally only manufactures trash cans to make that cab. they do feel like they're made out of the same plastic material as modern trash cans.
They do look kind of cool but they're horribly designed. the monitor is nearly impossible to get to without disassembling the whole damn thing and opening up the control panel is annoying as it involves two separate keys in very tricky to access locations.

the cabinet is also super heavy due to the giant metal base and the PCB is mounted to the back door so swapping out games (or carts) is also a huge pain in the ass.

but hey... looks cool :D
damn I hadn't done much research on em didn't realize there were so many negatives :(

Actually, I feel the cab is a Japanese candy cab trying to be American. I wrote about that here.

Another owner over on KLOV feels the same and is giving his the full sit down conversion as explained here.

Personally, I prefer to stand as I play arcade games. My plans for this cab are to give it a Dreamcast color scheme makeover, Astro City button layout, and hook a Dreamcast up to it. Love that little white box.

Im the guy doing the sit down conversion. :D Still need to finish that, but got a NAC, a Megalo 410, and a OK Baby dumped in my lap, along with a few other things...so time has been scarce....

Will be leaving mine as 3 buttons only, or maybe 4...for neo's and stuff. Havent honestly decided, but it wont ever be running my stv multi again....I know that.

When I got my ST-V multi, I was searching for a kick harness for those games with more that 3 buttons, but it seems nobody had the specs for build one (or maybe they didn't have time for making one for me)

I'm still looking so, ¿does anybody here knows how to make one?

Thanks in advance

Im the guy doing the sit down conversion. :D Still need to finish that, but got a NAC, a Megalo 410, and a OK Baby dumped in my lap, along with a few other things...so time has been scarce....

Will be leaving mine as 3 buttons only, or maybe 4...for neo's and stuff. Havent honestly decided, but it wont ever be running my stv multi again....I know that.
Hey man. I found your thread over on KLOV. Post the updates on that project here too. I plan on giving that ugly beast of a cab the sit down Candy Cab treatment as well.

So did you sell off your ST-V multi? That is now OOP. Hope you aren't kicking yourself for that.

No..just got the last of paradise arcades stv multi's....will never sell it.
I will post the updates on the STV: Mini Titan cab over here, or at least link to them. I need to get on that.....my garage is an overwhelming mess right now.

When I got my ST-V multi, I was searching for a kick harness for those games with more that 3 buttons, but it seems nobody had the specs for build one (or maybe they didn't have time for making one for me)

Thanks in advance
Jason on KLOV can do this for you. He does EXCELLENT work and is super fast.

I just had him make me a custom harness for my SFII panel to CSP1, CPS2, Naomi, and ST-V all on one cable!

Here's his page. Tell him I sent you!

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/member.php?u=64427

Thanks in advance
Jason on KLOV can do this for you. He does EXCELLENT work and is super fast.
I just had him make me a custom harness for my SFII panel to CSP1, CPS2, Naomi, and ST-V all on one cable!

Here's his page. Tell him I sent you!

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/member.php?u=64427
Alternatively, you can participate in this group buy for JST connectors. It's the JST NH series part number 'H11P-SHF-AA'. You'll have to buy 10 of them, but that will set you back a whopping $1.50 + USPS 1st class shipping. Pick up other connectors for the rest of your projects if you do participate to make it worth your while (and help us reach the $80 threshold).

Back