What's new
@RGB another new request for your update!

Please make the buttons able to be changed to include Player Start and Coin. The reason I ask is there are some odd games, such as Rampart (2 player joystick version) that don't have a "start" button, but rather use that JAMMA key to do things like rotate. Since I can't remap it, I'm forced to use my NEO GEO stick start button to rotate pieces for example.

Anyway, since you are updating the HAS again, I don't know how hard it would be to include Start and Coin in you re-mapping features!

Thanks again for the BEST SuperGun out there!

Reactions: RGB
Rampart with a joystick? You heathen!
That's what I'm thinking, you don't need a HAS modification... You need a special supergun stick for this game!

Original
d0f4b3277f22116a82e863a1b45694e3.jpg

Proposal
Buy this and completely gut it for the shell...
81-Jn%2BThZdL._SX425_.jpg

Research the analog values you need for the trackball, put start button where you need it, wire for DB15/SG.

:D
I know, I'm awful! :P

One day I'm going to build a 3 player trackball set up, which will play this, Marble Madness, and SegaSonic, but until that day, I do enjoy Rampart with a stick!

It's not that bad, rotate also allows you to move faster. Besides, most of my Rampart time came with the console ports, so it's not so weird to me...

Research the analog values you need for the trackball, put start button where you need it, wire for DB15/SG.
Believe it or not, Rampart uses the JAMMA edge for trackball controls, it's nuts!

One day I'll get it set up right. I still regret selling my Marble Madness, the price to replace it now... sheesh!

I know right? I never got a Marble Maddness, and now based on what I'm seeing I never will.
Such a shame, because the NES port is so lacking.

It was Ok to play on my MAME machine back when I had it...
7GNRSR0.jpg

The major problem with MAME (maybe its been fixed now IDK) is you need tripple buffer on for things like trackballs/analogs to roll/track smoothly.
Tripple buffer however messes with the smoothness of the video output and causes some nasty tears in the screen when scrolling downward quickly (basically all you do in MM).

I believe you, but I never tried it on MAME as I had the real deal. I do remember other TB games sucking hard in MAME though, and now that you say why, I think I understand!

Maybe they've fixed it by now?

The last few months since I received my HAS have been hectic, so didn't get a chance to properly spend some time with it until this past weekend, other than some initial testing to make sure it was working ok. Needless to say, it is absolutely incredible. Currently paired with the Darksoft CPS2, this is a dream come true! Thanks again @RGB for making such a killer product!

RkEol2I.jpg

rVDsk9x.jpg

DAkqSEb.jpg

One day I'll get it set up right.
You do know that the 2 player joystick board is different from the 3 player trackball board right?

And the 3 player boards are selling for $300 or more IF you can find one.

I'm working on a 3 player trackball setup right now.

Whoops! Let's get back on topic.

:)

One day I'll get it set up right.
You do know that the 2 player joystick board is different from the 3 player trackball board right?
And the 3 player boards are selling for $300 or more IF you can find one.

I'm working on a 3 player trackball setup right now.

Whoops! Let's get back on topic.

:)
I do, and I have the two player joystick version, however I do believe I’m right in that the 3 player is a ROM swap and uses the JAMMA edge for control.

Thanks for the info. I’m too fat for any sort of pull ups or gals, so I’ll stick to the joystick version!

That being said, my point about re-mapping buttons and the trackball using the JAMMA edge still stands and I would like the button remapping option in the next HAS revision if possible.

@nem thats interesting, I always figured the PCB was the same and it was just a ROM swap.
I knew it wasn't just a DIP setting. ;)

Thanks for the info. I’m too fat for any sort of pull ups or gals, so I’ll stick to the joystick version!

That being said, my point about re-mapping buttons and the trackball using the JAMMA edge still stands and I would like the button remapping option in the next HAS revision if possible.
Yes, it does use the jamma edge for the trackballs which is sweet!

@nem thats interesting, I always figured the PCB was the same and it was just a ROM swap.
I knew it wasn't just a DIP setting. ;)
That's the reason why I bought both boards. I still need to make a trackball panel for it. Some day!

Hi,
I was wondering if there'a place to buy some sort of acrylic panel and screws (like the ones that come with the HAS) to build a sort of case to procect and store jamma boards.

Thanks!

Back