Home Arcade System

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Epic wrote:

      telecommand wrote:

      I just got my order confirmation email yesterday and you have no idea how excited I am to finally play my CPS2 games =O =O =O
      Congrats! Curious, when did you put your get on the waitlist or put your order in? I'm not even on a pre-order list so I think I'm months/years behind everyone else.
      Around June I think...? I remember at the time that batch was expected to ship around October. Anyway you're probably fine since RGB is working on a webstore to start soon - no more old pre-order system.
    • New

      Just preparing my PSU for the HAS arrival... Can someone please confirm if I have this right? I live in NZ so I think these colours are correct... Terrified I've got it wrong and I'm gonna blow the thing up!

      I worked it out as:
      Green/yellow = Earth (E)
      Brown = Active/Phase/Live (A/P/L)
      Blue = Neutral (N)

      Related question: can I switch it on as it is now (checking for a green light) to confirm it's wired up correctly? Or do you have to have the other terminals connected to something to avoid damaging it?
      Images
      • IMG_20200216_132142.jpg

        998.47 kB, 1,776×3,270, viewed 29 times
    • New

      telecommand wrote:

      can I switch it on as it is now (checking for a green light) to confirm it's wired up correctly? Or do you have to have the other terminals connected to something to avoid damaging it?
      It is best not to energize the power supply without a load on the outputs. That said, it is probably fine to fire it up for 2.2 seconds.
      -the Goat
      Heliopause Heavy Industries :: video game console repairs and modifications
    • New

      telecommand wrote:

      Just preparing my PSU for the HAS arrival... Can someone please confirm if I have this right? I live in NZ so I think these colours are correct... Terrified I've got it wrong and I'm gonna blow the thing up!

      I worked it out as:
      Green/yellow = Earth (E)
      Brown = Active/Phase/Live (A/P/L)
      Blue = Neutral (N)

      Related question: can I switch it on as it is now (checking for a green light) to confirm it's wired up correctly? Or do you have to have the other terminals connected to something to avoid damaging it?
      Green Earth

      Blue AC \ N

      Brown AC \ L

      No load needs to be drawn but test JAMMA edge for PSU voltage.

      Adjust 5V to 5.05V before hooking up a board by turning the the voltage screw on your PSU.

      If you don’t have a multi meter use a pcb attached and the meter built into the has to adjust
    • New

      Finally received my HAS which I am very excited about! I do have a few questions though, that I hope can be answered.

      First, I have so far used the cheap retroelectronic supergun sold from France. This worked well with a PC power supply that I had, but I see in the manual, and in every discussion of the HAS, that it is recommended to use a genuine arcade power supply. I could order one of course, but just want to make sure that it wont work with a PC power supply first. It would of course be more practical for me considering I already own one. So could it work? Or do I need to buy an arcade one?

      Second, about the video output cable. If I am reading the manual correctly, I can not use the mini-din cable that came with my Framemeister because it is wired for input, and i need one wired for output. However, when I frequented this board and ended up preordering the HAS about a year ago, I specifically asked about this, and a member said I could use it. So what is correct?

      Just want to end my post by saying that the supergun looks great, and that I am really looking forward to using it!
    • New

      Morfeo wrote:

      Finally received my HAS which I am very excited about! I do have a few questions though, that I hope can be answered.

      First, I have so far used the cheap retroelectronic supergun sold from France. This worked well with a PC power supply that I had, but I see in the manual, and in every discussion of the HAS, that it is recommended to use a genuine arcade power supply. I could order one of course, but just want to make sure that it wont work with a PC power supply first. It would of course be more practical for me considering I already own one. So could it work? Or do I need to buy an arcade one?

      Second, about the video output cable. If I am reading the manual correctly, I can not use the mini-din cable that came with my Framemeister because it is wired for input, and i need one wired for output. However, when I frequented this board and ended up preordering the HAS about a year ago, I specifically asked about this, and a member said I could use it. So what is correct?

      Just want to end my post by saying that the supergun looks great, and that I am really looking forward to using it!
      I honestly would stay on the safe side and get yourself an arcade power supply. The recommended one to use by the majority of HAS owners would be this model- ebay.com/itm/Prima-Black-Switc…12V-MWP-606-/391789204197

      For the video output cable, it has to be an 8-pin mini din scart cable. Your best bet would be to get one from retro access. I use this one and it works phenomenally- retro-access.com/collections/n…-rgb-scart-cable-for-mods

      Or if you want a video/audio combo which includes a 3.5mm jack built in to plug into your HAS, I would grab this one- retro-access.com/products/nint…ad-for-rgb-upgrade-boards

      The post was edited 2 times, last by BMXer3s ().