What's new

Nodoyuna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi

I'm getting this error when I try to boot my Naomi
It has the CF board and a CF card
I've tried formatting the card but I have the same results
First memory check goes OK, then, when it's suppossed to start loading, it displays LOADING 0%, it resets and says the ERROR 26
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Could be anything...

You have to give us some more info regarding your setup.

1) What kind of CF board are you using? Official CF reader from Sega and trying load a legit CF? OR homemade CF reader with aliexpress knock-off SanDisk CF card?
2) What kind of SCSI cable are you using? A legit Sega one? or a ebay noname cheap 50 pin SCSI cable?
3) What kind of power supply are you using? A legit Sun PSU or a computer PSU converted? Or trying to boot the whole system via IO board?
4) Where do you feed the CF reader? with 5V? With 3.3V? OR does it have its own 3.3V voltage regulator.

And lastly, have you ever managed to load a game on that system before? I mean was it working yesterday and now its not working? OR it is the first time trying to load a game...

Two most common causes of error 26 for me are bad or incorrect PIC or shitty CF card that needs to be in the trash. (ie. Ali express rip off sandisk cards)

Hi
I have the Joerg CF kit
Previously, it worked fine, I even transferred some of Darksoft's Atomiswave to Naomi games before
Maybe the card has given his last breath and does not work anymore
The system seems to work fine, and I made the test in the Naomi test mode and everything seems OK
I'll start by getting another CF card
The card I got with the system is a non-brand CF card
So, where can I buy a good CF card?
Thanks in advance

Yeah, the PIC is the obvious one but didn't want him to get away with that easily :)

Just joking...

Ah by the way, another goody...

if you've unscrewed the daughter board (especially during fw upgrade process) and forgot to screw it back, when connecting the big SCSI connector, the daughter board on the DIMM gets loose easily from its connector to the main PCB. That is another reason for your "option board" (which is the daughter board) is malfunctioning ;)

if you've unscrewed the daughter board (especially during fw upgrade process) and forgot to screw it back, when connecting the big SCSI connector, the daughter board on the DIMM gets loose easily from its connector to the main PCB. That is another reason for your "option board" (which is the daughter board) is malfunctioning
I'll check that
Thanks

A dying PSU is also a problem with Error code 26. I have had this happen to me. After recapping, it went away.

I'm using a CAPCOM I/O to power the Naomi
Maybe the I/O has gone bad?
It worked fine before with my setup

PS: This is one of the reasons I just love to have a Naomi Multi... The Naomi setup is a bit bulky...

nooooo a capcom psu to power the naomi :/

Those i/o are famous for not supplying enough power....

nooooo a capcom psu to power the naomi :/

Those i/o are famous for not supplying enough power....
But if worked before...
I'm using a CAPCOM I/O connected to the Naomi and an Arcade PSU with regulator connected to the Supergun which is connected to the I/O

so it just suddenly stopped working? You didnt change anything at all in your setup?

That is probably your problem. I too was once able to use the Capcom I/O to power a Naomi Net Dimm setup. Then one day, it just stopped working. Sometimes I'd get an error code. Sometimes just a blank screen. I read all about the Naomi's finicky power requirements, then decided to pick up Sun PSU's to run my Naomi's. The problems went away. One of those Sun PSU's started giving me issues after I took it apart to wash the PCB. I got Error 26 codes and blank screens until I recapped the PSU.

If your want to continue to use the Capcom I/O to power your Naomi, I'd recommend checking your PSU. Considering your setup worked previously, It's highly possible your standard arcade PSU is dying. I'd check that out too. Probably easy to diagnose if you have another PSU nearby that can fit into your setup.

so it just suddenly stopped working? You didnt change anything at all in your setup?
Yes,last time I tried it, it worked fine and now it does not load the games due to error 26
I've checked the Naomi with the testmode and everything seems ok
The first check when I boot the Naomi is OK
When it should start loading the game, it gives the error 26

That is probably your problem. I too was once able to use the Capcom I/O to power a Naomi Net Dimm setup. Then one day, it just stopped working. Sometimes I'd get an error code. Sometimes just a blank screen. I read all about the Naomi's finicky power requirements, then decided to pick up Sun PSU's to run my Naomi's. The problems went away. One of those Sun PSU's started giving me issues after I took it apart to wash the PCB. I got Error 26 codes and blank screens until I recapped the PSU.

If your want to continue to use the Capcom I/O to power your Naomi, I'd recommend checking your PSU. Considering your setup worked previously, It's highly possible your standard arcade PSU is dying. I'd check that out too. Probably easy to diagnose if you have another PSU nearby that can fit into your setup.
With this setup (supergun+arcade PSU) I can power the rest of my arcades without problem, including CPS2,CP3,G-NET and ST-V (all of them having the multi installed)

I'l look for a Sun PSU for powering the Naomi... Do you know where can I find one?
Thanks

Sun PSU is only available in the aftermarkets: forum sales, eBay, word of mouth.

@Nodoyuna I have written pages of posts regarding how un-stable a CF + Naomi + non-NetDIMM setup is. One day everything seems working, the other day you all sorts of problems from black screen to Error 26.

First of all, do you have a DIMM or NetDIMM?

If you have a DIMM (non netdimm, i.e. no ethernet port on it, only SCSI) that piece of hardware is specifically picky about CF card, SCSI cable used and the voltages (PSU)

Capcom I/O in normal circumstances may not provide enough 3.3V to the system. You have to crank up the 5V on the arcade PSU to let the Capcom I/O convert enought 3.3V and just get the Naomi boot (Beware, that is not a suggestion!!! That is only a test I've done before. Don't do it, you may fry your Naomi!!!). I'm surprised you can even "attempt" to load a game. Normally you get a black screen. Do you happen to have a Naomi2? Because Naomi2 draws less power from the PSU.

Are you trying to boot a AW game and getting Error 26? Or are you testing a Naomi game? If your AW games load fine but Naomi games fails to load then it is an indication of your PIC might be faulty

Hi

It's a NetDIMM... The SCSI is connected to the CF Card PCB
Don't have Naomi2
Tried both Naomi and Atomiswave games, but I have ERROR 26 in both cases
Also,to my own risk of damage the Naomi, I've put the PSU to 5,05V but it's still the same

Another question... Is it somehow easier to pass the CF Card and load via NetBoot? Can I do it with my setup? I've never done that, but I can try it
The NetDIMM is version 4.02, do I need something special to try netboot?

I think you have a power issue. I wouldn't look anywhere else yet.

Back