What's new
I made a quick and dirty hack. This is a version of the CPS3 Multi BIOS that loads automatically all games in Japanese Verrsion without waiting for you to choose. I made also one for USA.

@Mitsurugi-w tested them, but feel free to report if you try them.

USA Version
--------------
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qy2548e23pm4su1/SuperBIOS_for_custom_SH2_USA.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3bdwbq2wbzfvta2/SuperBIOS_for_standard_SH2_USA.7z

Japan Version
----------------
http://www.mediafire.com/file/aq4k34mm3v342pn/SuperBIOS_for_custom_SH2_Japan.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5jamvv221ntwdmi/SuperBIOS_for_standard_SH2_Japan.7z
Awesome, I hate having to pick when I turn my game on. Mild annoyance, but this is still helpful!

Nice I will have to make a couple later tonight. This is perfect for my friends restaurant, his staff keep selecting a different region and clearing the settings.

Since you're modifying carts, is it possible to do a no cd version?

Since you're modifying carts, is it possible to do a no cd version?
Yes - you can do this on your own too!

Compare the mame-rom binary for SF3 3rd Strike Japan against SF3 3rd Strike Japan No-CD using software such as Beyond Compare. You'll notice there's one-byte different between the two bios roms (take note of the value and location). Change that byte in Darksoft's binary to the No-CD value that was observed previously using a hexeditor. This is the "no-cd flag". Be warned however - once the cartridge is No-CD, it can no longer access the CD-Rom drive. You need to load the data using a Darksoft CD enabled modded cartridge. After it has been loaded into the simms, you can switch over to the NoCD cartridge for CD-Rom free play.

Have fun!

Reactions: nem
That make sense. I'll report back when I get it done. I should really start understanding how coding works.

Hi, one question:

There are two 3rd strike on the cd.

I think the second one is hacked with more characters.

Is there a way to play an unmodified version of the game?

I play the first one and select euro then it says:

990512 - Darksoft

If you download one of the two original SuperBIOS CDs then you have the Rev A and B of 3rd Strike to choose from. It says Darksoft because it was decrypted by him but the games play 100% normal.

There is a separate CD for the standard SH-2 that contains the hacked 4rd Strike. It is loaded by selecting Rev. B. That ISO is clearly labeled as containing 4rd Strike so you can't mix it up.

Rev B is 990608?

I am trying to find out the difference of 990512 and 990608. Where can I look?

990512 is the standard version and the one to go for, 990608 is a bugfixed version that also removes unblockables, the problem with the "bugfixes" is that the gameplay is slightly changed (it weakens some characters).

Because of the gameplay changes, the tournament standard version is always the 990512 (Rev A)

990512 is the standard version and the one to go for, 990608 is a bugfixed version that also removes unblockables, the problem with the "bugfixes" is that the gameplay is slightly changed (it weakens some characters).
It's true the bugfix seriously weakened some characters, like my goto Hugo.
However I contest that version 990512 is BROKEN!.. No defense exists for Urien's double Force-wall exploit (that shit is cheap as hell).
street-fighter-anniversary-collection-20040726054250849.jpg

After remembering that the superbios is base on 2nd Impact. I located the right byte at 1FECC and changed it to BC. Program it with my adapter and now I have a no CD superbios. This is to save my CD drive as I'm mostly playing 3rd strike. I can load into the darksoft menu but obviously I can not rewite.

I loaded up a few games using the modify code and played a few min each
3rd strike - Work
JoJo Venture - Work
JoJo Bizarre Adventure - Work
Red Earth - Randomly freeze for a few second. This is the only game tested that I don't see a no CD dump in mame.

Probably a stupid question, but I finally broke down and bought one of the multi setups and it's still en route so I'm trying to piece together the files I need:

Updating the Bios - for example, for that USA only patch - requires reflashing the chip with an actual programmer, right? This isn't like the CPS2 where I can just put a file on a CD (or SD card since I'm getting SD2SCSI) and flash that, is it?

Thank you. Figured as much, but wanted to be certain. Might finally break down and buy a cheap programmer soon, it's been (low) on my list for a while now...

Thank you. Figured as much, but wanted to be certain. Might finally break down and buy a cheap programmer soon, it's been (low) on my list for a while now...
I don't think you'll find a cheap programmer that can handle those chips, you may as well have Mitsu burn you one.

Back