What's new
count me in on the LCD screen purchase. Now completely out of curiosity does anyone here do 3d printing for the pcb shell? I'd like to have it look like an actual ST-V Cart

i hope my order went through tbh.. kinda need that for my multi

I can only print 1-2 items a day... so when I get one done, I add it to inventory, and as soon as someone buys it, it goes back out of stock.

you guys scooped up everything I had before i had a chance to even announce that I had a couple available :P

but I'll be printing more.

it's tough right now because GDEMU and Rheas demand just spiked again because pre-orders for those opened as well.

I can only print 1-2 items a day... so when I get one done, I add it to inventory, and as soon as someone buys it, it goes back out of stock.

you guys scooped up everything I had before i had a chance to even announce that I had a couple available :P

but I'll be printing more.

it's tough right now because GDEMU and Rheas demand just spiked again because pre-orders for those opened as well.
-victory stance-

Once I go out of stock on something I'll add inventory as I print. until I get at least 3 items then I'll announce (on Instagram/Facebook/etc) that I've got stock in.

So those that need/want the thing yesterday can stress out over pinging the site and snag that one item once I post it, but if you just want to know when you can leisurely buy one subscribe to one of the social media accounts and wait to see it pop up.

I wanted to add an "email me when this is available" option but there doesn't seem to be a plugin for that and I haven't had the time to devote to building one.

EDIT:
Anyone who's interested in buying a housing for an LCD selector, or the Multi-cart housing can you please post your interest in this thread: 3D Printed Sega ST-V Multi-Cart Housing
I'm trying to gauge demand, thanks

Last edited:
Miisalo has updated the link to my new menus. If you were using the old ones that I made, please re-flash them since there were two problems that I've fixed. I've made two sets of menus: one with all STV games, and another called "joystick-only" which only includes games that don't require any special STV hardware (special/proprietary controls, print cards, etc).

Miisalo has updated the link to my new menus. If you were using the old ones that I made, please re-flash them since there were two problems that I've fixed. I've made two sets of menus: one with all STV games, and another called "joystick-only" which only includes games that don't require any special STV hardware (special/proprietary controls, print cards, etc).
I think I missed the discussion on flashing the selector - can it be done semi-simply (like the firmware update, with a file on the SD card), or am I going to be soldering and/or buying new hardware?

"flashing" the firmware = download arduino ide and follow the manual from page 7.

For the processor part, there are some selector with Atmege168 instead of Atmega328 shown in the manual. If wrong processor is selected the upload just won't work.

yes flashing Arduino firmware is very easy.

Mini guide (from memory, so please correct me if I'm wrong):
  1. Find and install a driver for the ch340 chipset (Google "ch340 <operating system you are using> driver")
  2. download/install the arduino IDE: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
  3. plug your Arduino into your computer via USB
  4. launch the Arduino IDE and open up the .ino file you want to flash
  5. click [tools]->[board] and select the type of Arduino device to be flashed (for this it's an Arduino Nano I believe)
  6. click [tools]->[serial port] and make sure something is selected (it should have already detected your device and selected the correct serial port, just make sure it's marked)
  7. click the big green check button at the top of the screen to verify the code is valid for the device
  8. click the big green arrow next to the check box to compile and upload the code to the device.

That's it. it may seem like a lot of steps but including download and installation this whole process should take about 5 minutes, and most of that will be the download and installation process.

EDIT:
Added another step to install the ch340 driver per Missalo's note below.

Last edited:
yes flashing Arduino firmware is very easy.
One addition to your list is that I'm using chinese arduino clones that don't have ftdi usb to serial chip but ch340 chip. So step one (if you don't have linux with that driver): Google ch340 <operating system you are using> driver... install it first.

EDIT: And yes, it would be possible to provide scripts that flash the bin file directly to the selector modifying it first with text file containing the game list one wants, but I have been lately working 200 hours in month, in my spare time repaired 1-2 computers every week and held 2-3 kickboxing classes in a week. Even insomniac like me runs out of hours :D

Thank you both! Looking forward to updating mine with the new pack!

Back