What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
curious... does the memory need to be divided into evenly sized slots?

would it be possible to have "dynamic slots" allowing for say either 3 large games, or 5 or 6 (or even more) smaller games?
that could be done, but would require signifcant changes in the FPGA code. Once we got the bugs fixed, we will only improve it to make your experience even better :thumbsup:
I think the translator knew, the problem was that the Taito employee J was asking was a female. So imagine J going to the girl "Take your shirt off, I give you $$" or something similar :D

curious... does the memory need to be divided into evenly sized slots?

would it be possible to have "dynamic slots" allowing for say either 3 large games, or 5 or 6 (or even more) smaller games?
that could be done, but would require signifcant changes in the FPGA code. Once we got the bugs fixed, we will only improve it to make your experience even better :thumbsup:
I think the translator knew, the problem was that the Taito employee J was asking was a female. So imagine J going to the girl "Take your shirt off, I give you $$" or something similar :D
Well that makes things completely different...

She said it "wasn't for sale" so I was trying to ask her how much money it was going to take to make her change her mind.
I guess it could have come off potentially sexual, really I think she just didn't understand I would pay 100$+ for it if she would just give it to me.

She said it "wasn't for sale" so I was trying to ask her how much money it was going to take to make her change her mind.
I guess it could have come off potentially sexual, really I think she just didn't understand I would pay 100$+ for it if she would just give it to me.
it wasnt that bad, lol. It was funny as hell, translator guy was laughing after he understood what was happening, that J was willing to buy the shirt. The girl didnt understand one word of it I think. Its just one those things were you had to be there to laugh about it.

But agree with J, would have love to get a couple of them taito polo shirts and the mat. :D

it wasnt that bad, lol. It was funny as hell, translator guy was laughing after he understood what was happening, that J was willing to buy the shirt. The girl didnt understand one word of it I think. Its just one those things were you had to be there to laugh about it.
But agree with J, would have love to get a couple of them taito polo shirts and the mat. :D
She might've thought it was some kind of fetish thing like with the used panties over there. I guess in a way it kind of was! :P

It was a pretty cool polo... All red, with a blue Taito triangle logo on the sleeve and big white "Taito Game Station Operator" written on the front.
Never would have fit me (this chick was tinny) but I wanted it to frame for my wall (behind the Vewlix cabs).

Did the translator tell her that too? Then she really thought it was like the panties!

Did the translator tell her that too?
No but he told me even the prostitutes excuse me, I mean Maid Girls have college educations...
However, if you don't graduate from Tokyo University that don't matter.

Your family is totally ashamed of you, and you work at Starbucks until you commit suicide (he didn't say that very last part but I assume its true). ;)

This is the only picture I managed to get...
When I approached the lady with my cell phone drawn, she said "sorry sir no pictures" and I said "too bad" and took one anyway (she was starting to run away from me as I snapped it).
HfiPkte.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you got lucky, one of these girls tried to kill me (literally) when I took a pic of her...

Some countries (Japan being one of them, I think) have laws about people going in public spaces with cameras and taking pictures of strangers at the street without consent. I am sure it's exactly about protecting people against this kind of exposure (some random forum posting, twitter, facebook)...

Also that's why the phones do play a "shutter sound" sample when they snap a picture.

Some countries (Japan being one of them, I think) have laws about people going in public spaces with cameras and taking pictures of strangers at the street without consent. I am sure it's exactly about protecting people against this kind of exposure (some random forum posting, twitter, facebook)...

Also that's why the phones do play a "shutter sound" sample when they snap a picture.
They do and can understand why.

Some countries (Japan being one of them, I think) have laws about people going in public spaces with cameras
I asked the translator if this "no pictures" was legally binding (because it's all over the place in Japan, stores, sites, etc)...
He said it was not in public places, but it was considered very disrespectful.

I don't feel taking a picture of someone standing on a busy public street corner is in anyway an invasion of privacy.
You know I don't think "she" (thanks for planting that seed of doubt @Derick2k) felt that way either, it's just they want to make money (ain't no one buying a date if they get the pics for free I guess).
If your phone is rooted you can disable that. ;)

I don't think the shutter sound is world wide. I know I can take picture on my phone without it and it's not modified at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back