What's new

shorjewken

Student
Reaction score
Hi All,

So I'm experiencing some weird sound issues on some of my CPS2 stuff. So I originally had a VSAV board seemingly play incorrect sounds. It wasn't crackling, but it literally sounded like the wrong sound samples were being played at the wrong times. I tried my ST board and it worked fine so I figured it was my VSAV board. I recently got a different VSAV board and it was doing the exact same.

Here's where it gets even more weird; I recently received a CPS2 multi board and the VSAV on that also has very weird sound issues. However, I play older games such as Alpha 2 and there's no sound issues.

Any idea what could be going on here? I don't have another A board to test at this point so it might be there. Thanks!

is this the one I just shipped back to you?

So what I'm saying is that the sound issues don't seem to be specifically only on the multi; it happens on my 2, unmodded VSAV boards. And even on the multi, if i play older games such as xmen vs sf or alpha 2, no issues; but mvsf or alpha 3 has the weird sound issues which consistently happen.

Did you try different A boards?

Don't have a spare one atm; Is there something I should check for on the A board specifically?

Back