What's new
if you've already got games on your card there is no reason to transfer them again.

but if you want to change the games on the card it's recommend you reformat and transfer fresh for the best reliability.

ok thanks. And if I want to reload the new menu? Even if I think that the update was correct...but I don't know what I can do...the slot 2 game doesn't work and it's impossibile to return in the main menu in order to try to change games and the order.

it's impossibile to return in the main menu in order to try to change games and the order.
you can try booting while holding right+start until it gets to the menu
failing that try reformatting the card and adding your games and the menu update at the same time, that will force the menu to update again and clear any games loaded into the slots.

what MVS model do you have?

I think that it is MV-1FZ. Here at pag. 4 and 5 I posted photos What's Your Neo-Geo Motherboard?

So, first i try holding START+RIGHT until the main menu will apears. If this not work, i will reformat the card and I will add the 2 folders as previously done:

games --> inside i put all the games from the SmokeMonster pack and the Menu folder (the Menu folder included in the games folder has "M" in capital but i think that it isn't a problem). Inside this folder I put the new menu files.
update/menu --> here too I put the new menu files

Then I will insert the flashcard in the console and i will wait the update, correct? I exactly followed these steps previously...

What determines the name of the game displayed in the list? Is it file/folder name or rather embedded somewhere in the rom?

KoF 2003 and Metal Slug 3 are tied for first at 90MB
Garou and KoF 2000 are tied for 3rd at 89.7MB

so if you did KoF 2003, Metal Slug 3, and Garou that would be the 3 largest possible load using original titles.
Ok, some results on the times that I am getting flashing/loading one of the largest games:

KOF 2003
Flash Time - 29secs
Cold Boot Load Time - 31secs

These times are not totally accurate, they should be a few seconds less because the Unibios splash screen does take a few seconds itself to load/show up. I am confident that the load/flash times for this game are much lower, probably somewhere about 24-25secs...

@Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w Is this close to accurate? So are flash/load times for the games almost identical?

I did a cold boot of KOF2003 - Ironclad - MS3, and those 3 games took about 51 secs to load up into the first game. I was able to play all 3, switch between them with zero issues and exit back to the main menu.

I have some video I recorded with my iphone, just need to upload it somewhere.

@Derick2k If it's anything like CPS2, you'll get slightly different load times depending on your SD card too, so you might want to try several if you're benchmarking.

@Derick2k If it's anything like CPS2, you'll get slightly different load times depending on your SD card too, so you might want to try several if you're benchmarking.
Not really benchmarking :) but thanks for the tip, I will try some other cards when I have chance. But man, this thing is fast, loaded those 3 games under a minute. To me this final cart is working much better than the test cart.

Here’s my feedback should anyone find it helpful.

My MVS setup:
Consolized MV1C (fun project from a few years back)
Stereo Mod (5v only now)
5v 4amp AC to DC power adapter from Jameco
Battery mod (removed charging section)
Unibios 3.2 w/NeoBiosMasta
2x Undamned usb converters.
MVS>OSSC>4K panel

Multi setup:
Samsung Evo Select 32GB (Amazon MB-ME32GA/AM) formatted full (not quick) with the SD.org tool linked in the thread .
Latest menu installed, right when I received it (in games\menu and update\menu)
Smoke pack

My experience:
I’ve had my multi for about a week now and have spent ~20 hours with it during that time. The first day I had quite a few problems, mostly around flashing games and browsing the menu. However since the 2nd day things have been running very well. The only thing I can think that I did, around the time everything started working, is that I went to the “manage save states” section and accidentally hit A/backup and at some point B/restore (don’t recall the order or exactly what I backed up/restored). Since then it has been working very well. Only a few minor issues here and there. The largest (and most recent) one being a loop type issue with shock troopers 2 that was not remedied with a cold boot but ultimately by the hard dip reset trick (I also deleted the buff file for good measure) and it’s back to normal working order.

I’m not sure about the 2nd day events where everything started working (maybe backup restore thing was similar to the dip trick??). I’d suggest anyone having issues with a similar setup to delete the buff file off the SD (I also delete the slot files) and do the hard dip reset (enable all, then power on and let it sit for a minute or so.)

Anyway, overall the cart is great, and I look forward to the progress and continuing to test it out. (I have a MV1FZ but it would take me quite a while to get it setup ATM)

Quick question:
Should I be able to change from MVS mode in the menu? Pushing right or left returns no changes on anything except the region section which flips to USA/Europe/Japan. Basically I am unable to choose anything else in the “system configuration” menu..

Minor items:
As previously mentioned, the unibios screen has some garbage in it.
Also mentioned, there is garbage on screen when flashing games.
I noticed the menu music and drums loose sync on track “0” after a few loops.
I believe this too was previously reported, I noticed the diagnostic screen sometimes gets jammed up on the filesystem
The metal slug hippie...yeah he does his thing and you can’t change his ways

Here are a few games I found recurring issues with:
New Turf Masters - the “best score” screen has garbled text.
Ganryu - enabling red blood in the unibios cheet menu causes the game to go bonkers and requires a reboot to work again this can also affect games in other slots. Also the audio clips and switching slots (up+start) away and back also causes it to go bonkers.

I just opened a new thread for people posting ONLY problems related to not proper working of games. I'm pretty sure that most will turn out to be specific to your setup as the cartridge has been tested very well, but you'll be able to check if someone else is having the same issues than you.

Games with Issues

@Derick2k you can turn the uni-bios splash off and also I would turn off the MVS hardware test screen (the green jumbled one).

@Derick2k you can turn the uni-bios splash off and also I would turn off the MVS hardware test screen (the green jumbled one).
In my experience turning the hardware test screen off made it so the multi would not boot until it was turned back on.

ok, I have reformatted the SD card and I reload the new menu. Now it seems that the cart works correctly. I noticed some little glitches, but the games that I tried, works.
I tried again Matrimelee, in SLOT 1 and in SLOT 2, and it works.

I noticed this strange thing. In the manual it is written:
Hold Start + UP for 3 seconds => Switch Slot to next game
Hold Start + RIGHT for 3 seconds => Go Back to Menu

but in the HELP option there is written the opposite:
Hold Start + UP for 3 seconds => Go Back to Menu
Hold Start + RIGHT for 3 seconds => Switch Slot to next game

I have a question: when I am in the menù with the 3 slot, if I push START, it is needed 3/4 seconds before to start the animation of the changing page. I mean: when I push START, it doesn't happen anything for 3 o 4 seconds. Is it normal? And sometimes I noticed that if I push START (or Hold Start+Right during the game), it doesn't happen anything...it seems that there are still some problems in this functionality..do you experience same issue?

thanks

ok, I have reformatted the SD card and I reload the new menu. Now it seems that the cart works correctly. I noticed some little glitches, but the games that I tried, works.
I tried again Matrimelee, in SLOT 1 and in SLOT 2, and it works.

I noticed this strange thing. In the manual it is written:
Hold Start + UP for 3 seconds => Switch Slot to next game
Hold Start + RIGHT for 3 seconds => Go Back to Menu

but in the HELP option there is written the opposite:
Hold Start + UP for 3 seconds => Go Back to Menu
Hold Start + RIGHT for 3 seconds => Switch Slot to next game

I have a question: when I am in the menù with the 3 slot, if I push START, it is needed 3/4 seconds before to start the animation of the changing page. I mean: when I push START, it doesn't happen anything for 3 o 4 seconds. Is it normal? And sometimes I noticed that if I push START (or Hold Start+Right during the game), it doesn't happen anything...it seems that there are still some problems in this functionality..do you experience same issue?

thanks
Yes, we know that QuickLaunch needs to be fixed. It will be improved in the next version of the menu.

ah ok perfect.

Just a question: the issues related to some games or issue related "dead pixels" (described by some users in this topic) will be fixed with a new firmware, not a new menu file, am I right?

Just a question: the issues related to some games or issue related "dead pixels" (described by some users in this topic) will be fixed with a new firmware, not a new menu file, am I right?
That's the plan.

sorry, i'm trying to download the ROM pack but it goes crash several times, and then it restart. Could someone help me? Thanks.

Last edited:
thanks! I will test the cart in the next days. If I will find some bugs I will write them here ok?!

Back