What's new

Coyo5050

Professional
Reaction score
Just picked up a taito f3 board with puzzle bobble 4. Japan region but i dont think that should matter. I get sound but no video. Tried pressing the sw1 waiting press stick down 5 times the player 1 button. It reboots but same things. Any ideas?

saw that post. Ran it at 5.10 and even bumped it uo a little more to 5.15. Still no video just sound works.

saw that post. Ran it at 5.10 and even bumped it uo a little more to 5.15. Still no video just sound works.
Weird. Do you have an arcade cab and a supergun, by chance? I'd try testing it in both, if you can.

thru my supergun and the gonbes cga to vga converter which has worked w everything i have tried on it from mvs, cps2 and many others.

I dont have a cab other than the one i built which also has a cga to vga converter.

thru my supergun and the gonbes cga to vga converter which has worked w everything i have tried on it from mvs, cps2 and many others.

I dont have a cab other than the one i built which also has a cga to vga converter.
The only thing that I ever used that worked with the F3 was a SCART to HDMI converter. Also works with PGM.

think it could be an issue with the gonbes converter? I assume enough power is going to board if the sound comes one. Ill have to pull out the multimeter to double check in case the led display is off. I cant imagine the drop being that much though.

Makes me think of a second wuestion. What rating pot should i get to run an external 5v adjuster from the power supply?

Makes me think of a second wuestion. What rating pot should i get to run an external 5v adjuster from the power supply?
A higher wattage version of the one inside the power supply. I use 1/2 watt.

Looks like it was an issue with the gonbes converter. It must have been out of sync, I pressed auto and the video started working.

For the potentiometer I am wonder what Ohm I need? I see no indications on the power supply pcb. Its a power pro 110w.

There should be a marking on the potentiometer that will tell you the ohms rating. If it says something like 102, it means 10 with 2 additional zeros meaning 1000k ohms.

Back