What's new
Having never played any Cave shooters, I'm going to check some out so then I can be sad like the rest of you that there is no multi!

That being said, as I read the forums and keep sing C&D in the Cave threads, it just keeps making me think of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs... that is all.
OK I just got back from Japan and played Espgaluda! Wow! I LOVED it! I know it is supposed to be one of the easy ones and I'm sure I didn't play this correctly, but man, I now WANT a CAVE MULTI!!!!!

Having never played any Cave shooters, I'm going to check some out so then I can be sad like the rest of you that there is no multi!

That being said, as I read the forums and keep sing C&D in the Cave threads, it just keeps making me think of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs... that is all.
OK I just got back from Japan and played Espgaluda! Wow! I LOVED it! I know it is supposed to be one of the easy ones and I'm sure I didn't play this correctly, but man, I now WANT a CAVE MULTI!!!!!
Not the same hardware, Espgaluda is on PGM hardware. The heavy hitters are on CV1000.

16cql6.jpg

Not the same hardware, Espgaluda is on PGM hardware. The heavy hitters are on CV1000.
Exactly why it's a terrible idea to even speak of a "cave multi". I mean, everyone says cps2multi, i don't see anyone calling that a "capcom multi" either.

No worries my friend, I also bought an Espgaluda II as well... although I haven't played it (waiting on HAS, didn't see it in an arcade). I figured I LOVED the first one, part two must be as good if not better!

You just bought a game for god knows how much while you have no clue what it even plays like? It's a free country but i'm not sure if i want to laugh or cry.
He had money burning a hole in his pocket. If he doesn't like it, he will most likely get his money back

You just bought a game for god knows how much while you have no clue what it even plays like? It's a free country but i'm not sure if i want to laugh or cry.
He had money burning a hole in his pocket. If he doesn't like it, he will most likely get his money back
Yeah, I've only been to Japan twice in my life and I don't know when (if) I'll get to go back, so... yup! I also don't know if I got a good deal, so, I'm a little embarrassed about it cost wise (it was more than all the other things I bought that I put in my thread), BUT, that being said, Espgaluda was sooo awesome playing in an arcade there with hundreds of other people playing old retro stuff. Really had a great time and wanted to keep that memory for when I came home. I just didn't find a PCB, but did score number 2. I mean, how different can it be? It's a sequel to a shooter I played for 2 hrs and am no where near good enough to tell the specifics on scoring etc on. I'm a noobie, amateur, whatever when it comes to Cave shooters. I just know what I liked!

Besides, seeing some of these things go for $800 plus means I got a pretty great deal, unless Espgaluda II happens to be a $300 game...

Last edited:
Two Luda II kits sold recently for ~1000, so if you paid alot more you may have gotten hosed :(
Two for $1k? So about $500 each? Yeah, I think I saved a little money, but probably not too much with the hassle of getting it back here.

Two Luda II kits sold recently for ~1000, so if you paid alot more you may have gotten hosed :(
Two for $1k? So about $500 each? Yeah, I think I saved a little money, but probably not too much with the hassle of getting it back here.
Luda II full kit sells for around $1K, bare pcb around $600-700, if you got yours for under $600 its a good price.

Can confirm. Paid $1000 flat (shipped) for a perfectly new kit with the suction cup thingy and all contents. Great game.

oof, i spent 700 on mine. Came with a marquee that was not vectorised so its all pixelated.

Back