What's new
Yeah way too expensive with currency conversion+shipping.
It's true, I think total for both shipped was 235$. =O

I justified it because I love (esp MK2) these games, and when handled Midway boards make a constant *creek* *crack* sound. :/
Also the extra sound boards are a total pain in my ass, I had them all stacked up on cardboard to keep 'em isolated, which is a bandaid at best. :P

Yeah way too expensive with currency conversion+shipping.
It's true, I think total for both shipped was 235$. =O
I justified it because I love (esp MK2) these games, and when handled Midway boards make a constant *creek* *crack* sound. :/
Also the extra sound boards are a total pain in my ass, I had them all stacked up on cardboard to keep 'em isolated, which is a bandaid at best. :P
The M72 stack with the multi is absolutely gigantic. I'm going to have to get a Plexi cover I think... I wonder how hard it would be to get someone local to cut them. The Astro City marquee holder set me back $30 AUD / $20 USD -- I don't really need the fancy etching (although it does looks awesome).

I hope @Derick2k embraces that new plexi cutter/etcher and starts cranking these out for us on the East Coast. :thumbup:
So does the kit come with everything to mount the sound board vertical for mk2?
The kits came with everything (standoffs, washers, etc) to mount the PCBs.
Only thing I'm missing is the volume pot holder bracket thingie for my Y-Unit MK1 (I'm still looking BTW if anyone has a part number for me).

I hope @Derick2k embraces that new plexi cutter/etcher and starts cranking these out for us on the East Coast. :thumbup:
So does the kit come with everything to mount the sound board vertical for mk2?
The kits came with everything (standoffs, washers, etc) to mount the PCBs.Only thing I'm missing is the volume pot holder bracket thingie for my Y-Unit MK1 (I'm still looking BTW if anyone has a part number for me).
you can make one easily it's just a folded metal strip with holes after all and use double sided high adherence tape

you can make one easily it's just a folded metal strip with holes
Yea and I've got a metal cutting blade for my Dremel tool, I'm just too lazy to drive over to Home Depot to buy a piece of sheet metal. :whistling:

I put the holiday to good use yesterday and spent some time with my backlog of arcade projects.
Behold... My precision (I think it came out pretty good haha) MK1 (Y-Unit) volume pot mounting bracket! ;)
acAqVLH.jpg

I also cut/shortened the original cable, it's length was intended to mount inside the actual MK cab.
E3kiodt.jpg

Overview... :D
h6jR2R4.jpg

I really need a ROMStar Bubble Bobble case large enough to house the non-JAMMA to JAMMA adapter.

Back