What's new
At the 2 power plugs of the Naomi.
Yellow = 12v
Red = 5v
Brown = 3.3v
White = Ground

a716e5a3-22d4-41e3-ad36-b596fa4de644
I tested
I got an atx psu powering the supergun that goes to Capcom io then to the Naomi.. So I took voltage at the Naomi side and it goes like this

Yellow = 12v
Red = 4.87v
Brown = 3.21v

Thats the 8 pin plug I don't have anything on the 6 pin plug

Your Voltages are pretty low.

I would say that is a very good place to start. Naomi hardware is extremely sensitive to low voltage supply. If you PSU can't supply the correct voltage under load it wont run.

You need either an adjustable supply or a much larger ATX that can handle the load without dropping the voltage.

Should I put a power supply only for the naomi and one for the supergun at this point?

It's a coolmaster 650watts and my mvc2 runs fine for hours of non stop play.

You need to monitor the voltage with the board powered and watch if there is any

abnormal drop. The board is in good condition, apparently, the problem is maybe bad contact on cables.

Kinda basic but I've seen this happen on this exact game just from a poor connection on the cart to the naomi, try removing the cart's case and plugging it in firmly and see if it works.

Last edited:
Your Voltages are pretty low.

I would say that is a very good place to start. Naomi hardware is extremely sensitive to low voltage supply. If you PSU can't supply the correct voltage under load it wont run.

You need either an adjustable supply or a much larger ATX that can handle the load without dropping the voltage.
OK so I have an 850w psu for the naomi only using jensen's custom cable so the 8 pin and 6 pin are plugged and showing both proper voltage 12v 5v 3.3v
I have a 650w powering the supergun in atx mode.. Game still freezes after pressing start and showing the team select.

I took the cart out the plastic and pressed it in really good no change..

So I doubt it's voltage at this point

Links to setup pics
http://imgur.com/gallery/nIu8b5h

I just tested the cart on my friends Naomi 1 setup same issue freeze after pressing start and getting into the Team Selection.

His setup is different using Sega I/O and im sure it's not voltage related because we use his board with Dimm and GDRom ..

:(

if 5.0 is not at least 5.0 at the naomi edge it WILL crash. 5.10 is the sweet spot. If your psu isn't adjustable get one that is. your 3.3 is also concerning.

It is not a good sign it didn't run on a setup that works with a DIMM though :( . But! Never stop until you know YOUR setup and voltages are good, just in case.

Last edited:
I've had cvs2 run as low as 4.8 (my capcom i/o is buzzing and probably needs the PSU section rebuilt, it has crazy vdroop) but yeah it'll eventually crash. I still think you should try the cart without the cart's case on though. Just to rule out a connection issue.

it's very cart specific. I have a WWF Royal Rumble that crashes if voltage is less than 5.14. All other carts I've tried work fine on the same motherboard with lower voltages.

What power supply should I get at this point? I guess pc atx are not good with all games..

use the original naomi psu.
for some reason me too faced strange behaviour with naomi boards that won't start at all with good pc atx psu.
then tried using the original psu and all the problems disappears.
never understand why...

for some reason me too faced strange behaviour with naomi boards that won't start at all with good pc atx psu.
never understand why...
So on the originals there is two wires on the back just get then connected to a regular ac cord?

never understand why...
So on the originals there is two wires on the back just get then connected to a regular ac cord?
yes

Back