What's new
Got a few more of these left in stock before the next batch is assembled in mid January!

Did a little video on the dongle working, not sure if any of you would be interested:
Awesome video!
OK total noob here and I apologize for it... but what is that external board connected to the 256? Is it the jamma board
Do these not come inside the unit. I have been looking for a 256 system to buy
So if it just see the metal case then I also need to buy the jamma board too then?

Last edited:
OK total noob here and I apologize for it... but what is that external board connected to the 256? Is it the jamma board

System 2x6 supports both JVS and JAMMA. So if you're setup for NAOMI than you can use your favorite JVS IO and drop a 2x6 in it's place and play away and the only think you'll need is a power adapter (it's a small/cheap adapter harness for the JVS PSU connector). That adapter will set you back $10-$20
10950-4cb2a82ac7245ba086fa7ce55f6126e2.jpg

For JAMMA there is no internal JAMMA edge, but there is an official JAMMA adapter, which is what you see in the video, this doesn't use JVS but rather the buttons are routed to a connector on the side by way of a ribbon cable. This official JAMMA adapter usually run $40-$100, just make sure it includes cables: power, VGA, RCA, and the button harness.
system246-2-png.png

@twistedsymphony Thank you so much for the info - now it makes sense.

the NAMCO NOT JVS (thanks twistedsymphony!) /jamma board above will only work on your NAMCO system with that proprietary ribbon cable. If you are shopping for a JVS I/O, look for something a little bit more universal, like a sega i/o (something like this), that you'll be able to use in other systems, ie a naomi for exemple.

PS: note that the namco board does have an audio amp, while the sega I pointed does not. Depending on your destination cab, it could affect your decision

Last edited:
Looks like that jamma board has a kick harness output at J3 (I could be wrong)
Is it just a simple cable to attach the kick harness to the jamma buttons

Back