What's new

Franco23444

Student
Reaction score
Logos looked different and it says system 246 on it so was not sure it was 100% compatible with 256
Sorry for noob question again
It will work, that is what I’m using in my video. Totally works and is compatible with both the 246 and 256.

BigSchmid

Beginner
Reaction score
Andddd just found this thread as well. So the dongle requires you have the game DVD you want to play to be inserted in the drive? And if so, does it have to be authentic or can it be a rip?

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Yes. You need the DVD in the drive or use the IDE emulator. DVD-R discs work fine.

BigSchmid

Beginner
Reaction score
Thank you sir. And as a follow up, can you find game files somewhere, burn them to a disc and have them work? Does either method allow for easier switching of games? I'm guessing IDE but I figured I'd ask.

Franco23444

Student
Reaction score
Thank you sir. And as a follow up, can you find game files somewhere, burn them to a disc and have them work? Does either method allow for easier switching of games? I'm guessing IDE but I figured I'd ask.
You could try to find the original pressed disc or burn them, the folder for the images are here on this site, but they are in CHD format, you’ll need to convert them to iso format for dvd or .cue/.bin format for cd and of course, burn them to the appropriate media format. There is a ide emulator and you can just put the files on SD card and be done with the whole burning process.