What's new
I could go for a non shooter control panel... would it happen to have one?

Hey @Dreygor....did you get all the panels you need?
I have a cab thats being sold off for 50$ here locally, and wanted to know if you need anything from it still??
Yup got all the panels and parts i needed. A little down the road, i will be looking for the stand up driver version of this style of cab.

Brutha @Dreygor, by chance do you know what the control panel connector pitch on the Atomiswave US Upright is? I know (or believe, rather) it is Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK, but not sure the pitch. Seems there are two very close choices: 4.14mm & 4.2. I am leaning towards 4.14mm.

Brutha @Dreygor, by chance do you know what the control panel connector pitch on the Atomiswave US Upright is? I know (or believe, rather) it is Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK, but not sure the pitch. Seems there are two very close choices: 4.14mm & 4.2. I am leaning towards 4.14mm.
Not off hand I will go look later this afternoon and see if I can tell which it is. I will PM you about it, because I also have a some questions about the Sega ST-V Multi as I have a ST-V unit and the Darksoft multi on it's way via Paradise Arcade Shop.

I measured it myself, albeit imprecisely, with Harbor Freight calipers. It is right around 4mm center pin to center pin. But the difference between 4.14mm and 4.2mm is like splitting hairs, literally. But, I do think it is 4.14mm because looking at this plug, it is the translucent type plastic I see in the cab. The 4.2mm connectors look to be of higher industrial grade plastic. I am going with that and will let you know how it fares.

Can you do me a favor though, need to see if I need to buy the pins or sockets. Can you pull a plug off the CP, snap a pic of it, peer down the barrel, and see what connector is needed? Unfortunately, I can't do it till the weekend as I commute for work.

@acblunden2

OK Here is the one from the Atomiswave..

Nqy2LRjl.jpg

Here is an exact match I have on hand..

IkyGWRrl.jpg

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/172170-1/A25703-ND/333008
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/172162-1/A25700-ND/333011

and you were right 4.14mm is right on! I can tell you the heavier ones will work however you sometimes have to work a little harder to make them lock together with parts you didn't make up.

Thanks! What connectors are in there though? Pins (with a point) or sockets (with a hole)?

Today was a huge day thanks to @Finisterre . I got to kinda close out one of my projects!

He sent me the bezel pieces (again) to finish the shooting cab!

OyLEXMAl.jpg

So to totally close out that project I need to lay my hands on a Extreme Hunting 2 and a communication cart for it.

@brizzo :)

I also might one day make an attempt to aquire a driving version :)

Update time!

I made some modifications / updates to the button and stick atomiswave cab and I figured I would share them with everyone.

First, I fixed one of the most ghetto things about the cab. I was lazy when I first put together the kick harness and just stuck it through one of the empty holes in the control panel..

6GOLGzHl.jpg

So I finally got around to ordering a 15 pin connector and properly installed some connectors so it kind of looks like it belongs in the cab instead of some after thought.

zso1wZXl.jpg

Second, Everytime I played a game I would have to open the coin door to coin up. So I came up with a way to hide a microswitch on the coin mech. So when u push the coin return it coin ups

ZYmNbCtl.jpg

Cool thing is if you want to disable it you just have to take a wire off. The coin mech is still fully operational

OZEJTE7l.jpg

Lastly, I was getting tired of having to fidget with the WiFi every time I wanted to play a game so I swapped from the NetBoot to a USB Boot set up.

e8a2UFFl.jpg

This uses an Orange Pi (a cousin to a Raspberry Pi) to boot off an USB stick similiar to how the compact flash works.

uL31EMZl.jpg

It skips all the hassle of logging onto the wifi built into the pi, choosing a game, and then booting a game. All you have to do is stick a thumb drive with a single game loaded on it and boot. No muss no fuss.

Pcfbco5l.jpg

I drilled a hole big enough for the USB connector fitting in the control panel. I think it looks pretty clean and it's also pretty convienient. I bought a whole bunch of 512mb USB thumb drives for cheap and I am working on loading the games onto them that I would play. I am leaving a couple blank to change to use as swap drives for those games I don't play as much.

3USqlmnl.jpg

Last edited:
Back