What's new

seanr28

Beginner
Reaction score
This is my 2nd CPS2 Multi cart.

Its a revision 6 board (with PALG chip)

The top board I tested with my other cart after updating firmware for auto reset and it works fine.

Upon installing back into the board set described above it booted straight into previously loaded game, which plays fine both sound and graphics

However, I could see the games on the new micro SD card and then managed to destroy the brightness / contrast control so can no longer see the LCD screen as contrast is stuck on full.

when i then press the down button and enter to load game, screen flickers a bit and never resets, upon turning power off and on again my previously loaded game still remains?????

what is potentially wrong please?

Last edited:
ok can see the problem now after find another variable resistor to fit, I can see all the games, but when I select one, nothing happens at all on the lcd, screen (TV) goes blank and lcd screen never displays flash writing and freezes??

I have also eliminated the LCD and the cable and microsd card by using the ones from my other kit

Last edited:
I would advice you to check the jumpers on the new board, make sure all pins go in place (specially those of the program rom) and shortcut EXC5 for a couple of seconds (with the power OFF!)

Let us know what happens after these tests.

just updated the firmware with your latest beta one, and now have nothing but blank white or red screen and LCD is also now showing blank???

will have another go at shorting that cap in a bit

right, I have stripped it twice, all connected perfectly, no bent pins etc, all pins making good contact, also shorted that EXC5 several times, still boots to blank screen and nothing on LCD panel, its is illuminating though.

Only seen this since updating with your latest firmware.....

any suggestions please?

Where are you located? Did you say the contrast pot was damaged. What exactly did you say tested ok? The B-board with another kit or this kit on another B-board?

yes the contrast pot fell to bits when I went to use it, a short time ago, I tested the main PCB with another game board revision 4, will test it again today just be sure that its at fault. Its strange though as when I put it on the revision 6 board it booted straight into Aliens Vs Preditor which was the last game I tested on anther kit using this main board....

from my working cps2 multi, I have just swapped the main PCBs (the one with the pins) from my revision 4 board to my revision 6 board and it work. The kit originally used for my revision 6 board board boots to blank screen on my revision 4 board, so this points at the minute to the fact that either the board is faulty or your beta firmware does not work at all. Will reflash the latest working firmware later and re-test and report back.

The beta firmware does in fact have an error. I removed the link. Just reflash the last working firmware and let us know what you have.

had one running for about 6 months now already, this was just another kit to do for somebody else:) been good fun playing though.

Back