What's new
Quick Update I said this weekend, unfortunately, discovered some bugs, in the themes and with the exiting back out to nikos multi, with my slow net ETA unsure, as I upload find a new bug, and then spend a day uploading again,
So no I haven't forgotten, testing is just a pain in the dick.

ymtRrHjl.jpg

This is far from feasible but with my setup on Niko's multi it allows me to run a bunch of random tests. Turns out that the older JVS vertical games can run in "landscape" mode but committing it to the system would be difficult. I had to reverse the resolution so it was 480x640 and then rotate the screen so that the right side was the bottom of the screen. This corrects the resolution flipping issues which lets it run in landscape mode however you lose a lot of screen real estate in the process.

was that possible on an actual x2? I was trying to see if i could do that the other day.

You would need to edit the registry to add the custom resolution in to windows and make an app like I had done to flip the screen upside-down to change the resolution and flip the orientation. In regards to a real legitimate system/kit/dongle no, this wasn't possible.

Demo of the themes and elements inside this crazy thing Upload will take all night, but i figured a 22mb teaser video would perk peoples interest all of this works just as you see it on real hardware, minus the game loading in a window that was done by me, so ignore that bit

Joystick - Controls movement
Button 1 - Confirm
Button 2- Changes the current fliter mode forward 1
Button 3 - Changes the current fliter mode backwards 1
Button 4 - Toggles the Artwork, to Show between Flyer, Title, Video
Button 5+6 Open Settings menu
Button 2+5 Open the "exit" menu (if selected yes, returns to nikos menu)
Button 2+5+6 Opens the Edit Game menu (Most of this you cant edit with out a keyboard, however you can remove/delete a game off the menu )

Looking good!

Think I will have some time over the holidays to set up my TTX2 with the latest multi version and will try this as well :D

Nice one! Tried Nikov1.4 and works great! Really need to try this menu as well.

Well thanks To people helping test, we have now confirmed the last issue should be fixed, So I present the drag and drop edition

READ the included readme but here are the highlights

This is not a "port" of my theme , Am Or any of the pre released software, this is 3 applcations(A game.exe, a multi.exe and a reload.exe) that enable it to run
on the X2 platform, Since AM Runs out of the box This is important to understand You are not tied to using what I have created,
Past or present, And Important to understand "artwork" update or theme updates That I do for My Projects form time to time, do not
need to be ported or converted, They need to only be copied over nothing more so your updates for things like artwork, and theme upgrades
or even if you go to the offical source of AM Or create your own theme You can apply it,drag and drop it, and do with as you see fit.
So to state it so it clear all artwork updates are the same theres not a unquie special sause to this version or any other version.
I have to say this beacuse It royally Ticks me when I see people using it ( the old version Corey setup for drag and drop), and
they havent taken the time to ever change a setting, or upgrade the artwork because they dont understand it isnt special or unquie to the x2

Joystick - Controls movement
Button 1 - Confirm
Button 2- Changes the current fliter mode forward 1
Button 3 - Changes the current fliter mode backwards 1
Button 4 - Toggles the Artwork, to Show between Flyer, Title, Video
Button 5+6 Open Settings menu
Button 2+5 Open the "exit" menu (if selected yes, returns to nikos menu)
Button 2+5+6 Opens the Edit Game menu (Most of this you cant edit with out a keyboard, however you can remove/delete a game off the menu )

I downloaded and installed it when it runs I dont have the nesica menu?
Thats by design, Iv set it to load into the Basic theme I like. Beacuse as stated above, people are unwilliing to change settings,
so you will have to do so to run it

Themes included
NXL HD, NXL SD, NXL VERT ,SegaPras hd, segapras Sd, Blues Flat, Cools,

https://mega.nz/#!Z9IjWBpT!97fuY3d2htlKa0AfP_JTQ3WYt5CcWbDyoV7dEeifCOY

Inside you will find the E and D Folders, copy them to the corresponding drives
Included Is a RomList with every single game. nxl ttx-ttx3 and examu
And all of my TTX/NZL Artwork set assets

One thing not covered in the readme, that i didn't take note of until niko asked why omly 18 games Is the fliter mode selects the options the inlcuded fliter modes can be swapped at any time with buttons 2 and 3 the selection of filters id all games+Clones A-Z (All games no clones) Genre nesica TTX TTX2 And examu

Quick update attached a list of expected folder names, due to games having same names
Tags [nesica] and [ttx] Must be used.
Akai Katana Shin[Nesica]
BlazBlue ContinuumShift II[TTX]

You can Find the full List of expected folder names to keep in mind.

Attachments

• Foldernames.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,104
Last edited:
@atrfate thanks for your work and effort!

I just downloaded it an run it on my PC, but how do I go to the settings menu on my PC?

I run 'frontend/am/attract.exe, but the only buttons that respond are the directional arrows and ESC

if you are attempting to use it, on the pc you really should use the other version thats ment for pcs
however If you want to just mess with settings the are

Button 1 = Enter
Button 2 = F1
button 3= F2
Button 4 = F3
Button 5 = F4
Button 6 = F5

cool thanks!

I want to use it on TTX2, but I just want to mess with the settings a bit to try it ;)

Thanks @atrfate for this release.
I've tried to install it on a niko's multi 1.4 but I think I've missed something.
I've copied D\Frontend folder to my TTX2Multi[D]\Frontend drive and and the E\Frontend folder to my TTX2Multi[Games]\Frontend drive (I think it's what you call E drive).
When I boot, as mentioned, I don't have the nesica menu but I still have niko's menu.
If I push E + F buttons, noting happens, I just see the "No USB Found!" message because E button is USB boot on niko's multi.

Last edited:
Thanks @atrfate for this release.
I've tried to install it on a niko's multi 1.4 but I think I've missed something.
I've copied D\Frontend folder to my TTX2Multi[D]\Frontend drive and and the E\Frontend folder to my TTX2Multi[Games]\Frontend drive (I think it's what you call E drive).
When I boot, as mentioned, I don't have the nesica menu but I still have niko's menu.
If I push E + F buttons, noting happens, I just see the "No USB Found!" message because E button is USB boot on niko's multi.
You should have a option in my menu named "Frontend" now. Try to launch it like a normal game and it will load up atrfate's menu ;)

ProTip: You can set the "Frontend" to Autoboot and have it boot straight into atrfate's menu on every boot.

Pretty simple, niko stated himself

"By design, the multi will launch any game following the correct folder layout on the games partition of the multi.

If all of those driving games work with the same I/O board(s) in your cab then it will work, otherwise someone would need to write a wrapper/emulator for the needed I/O board."

if you have the real io boards, anything will launch pc games emulators, driving games, dosent really matter.

Oh I was under the assumption that they did not work yet since page 1 of this thread states the following:
“Support for Nesica games will not be added until after Taito retires the NesicaXLive service in Japan.“

I guess I need to try this.....

"support" and something working, are completely different concepts
Support means he would hand it to you on a silver platter, with tools, but if you take it into your own hands you can run them all on an x2 x3 whatever you want beacuse at the end of the day they are pc games with a system that is a pc. using the pre existing tools and software you could easily make anything run.

Hell ima update this with a crazy concept,
you can just plug a fast io in a pc install the driver, and then them with no emulation directly on the pc 2
or you can install a jvs com device on your pc and do the other, shocking.

Last edited:
Back