What's new
I can scan mine today if you want, I'm sure I can do a better job than what's been provided.

Uh... I've had PDF manual for the JAMMA Kit since like 2014 (came from Arcade Otaku)...
That's why I didn't bother to scan the physical copy that came with my kit.

I didn't know you guys wanted it or I would have posted it up long ago.

Do you need any other Vewlix manuals?
I've got almost all of 'em (including the JAMMA and 2J14B kits) only missing the Black Diamond (my buddy Bill has it but he won't let me tear it apart to scan it) and the Orange Diamond/Magician's Dead ( @Derick2k might have this, I know he got a cab).
We have the Black Diamond manual thanks to @SNK-NEO-GEO.
You can download it here Vewlix Diamond Black Manual

I can upload the Orange Diamond/Magician's Dead manual if needed.

Last edited:
Pen,

Did you ever have a go at stripping the Sanwa monitor? I am thinking of having a go at mine... but any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

I stripped mine. I couldn't get rid of the banding. The LCD sits on a 'tanning bed' of fluorescent lights. Over the course of 10 years the lights have turned the diffuser on top yellow. Not uniform, but stripey.

Unless you have a brand new diffuser to replace it with, I can't see you ever getting rid of the banding.

Here's a (really bad cellphone) pic of the bed:

sanwa_tanning_bed.jpg

The fluoro lights go on top, then a diffuser and finally the LCD module. Cleaning everything up makes a huge improvement, but honestly, it still looks pretty bad. I won't bother doing it again.

Thanks Nem, great to see a picture.

So it literally is a row of tubes back lighting a LED panel, maybe I should just splash out on one of these LG screens that people are fitting.

Mines not espicially bad but I do wonder what it would look like with a new screen....

...Cleaning everything up makes a huge improvement, but honestly, it still looks pretty bad. I won't bother doing it again.
Thanks for the info, settles my mind not to go to the effort of of trying to clean and possibly break the screen in my C

Mines not espicially bad but I do wonder what it would look like with a new screen....
Hard to get good pics, but here's what a new screen looks like in an F. (a replacement LCD panel, rather than a whole new monitor)
Slightly orangey white with bands turns into lovely pure white
sooty.png
sootynot.png

I put a LG 32MP58HQ-P in a Vewlix L a few months back. It took me like 3 hours to cobble it inside. It's not a very involved process. Four holes for mounting it with bolts, some spacers in between, and finally holes for power input and HDMI connector. Very DIY, but looks fine outside. The mounting holes on the LG are at the bottom of the monitor, so you have to support it at the top as well. I cut some blocks out of foam and placed them in both corners, so the monitor is sandwiched between the foam and the glass.

I set up the monitor beforehand and left the monitor control board inside the casing. I didn't see the need to further adjust it.

I'll probably try it at some with a Vewlix F too, but no promises on when.

Hi Wig, thanks for the pictures, the new screen looks great,

Nem, good to hear, I think I will get the LG and fit in my Noir...

The LG model number, sometimes I see -P model. Is there a difference or the same? -P

Thanks Both.

I bet they're all -P.

I paid 185 euros for mine. Really good value, plus you don't have to do anything to the casing, so no voiding the warranty.

Here is my screen, not too bad but there are a few stripes and discolouration, can only be seen on a white background.

script>

script>

I put a LG 32MP58HQ-P in a Vewlix L a few months back. It took me like 3 hours to cobble it inside. It's not a very involved process. Four holes for mounting it with bolts, some spacers in between, and finally holes for power input and HDMI connector. Very DIY, but looks fine outside. The mounting holes on the LG are at the bottom of the monitor, so you have to support it at the top as well. I cut some blocks out of foam and placed them in both corners, so the monitor is sandwiched between the foam and the glass.

I set up the monitor beforehand and left the monitor control board inside the casing. I didn't see the need to further adjust it.

I'll probably try it at some with a Vewlix F too, but no promises on when.
Hi Nem,

I picked up the same LG monitor and would like to report it fits very well in a Noir, in fact there’s so much room in there you could fit two!

The picture looks wonderful and of course so quiet without those two fans, my monitor was a Weiya.

Can I ask what settings you went for, did you go for game mode and what about the other options? Super resolution plus and black levels....

Many thanks.

Reactions: nem
@thegreathopper Damn....I missed picking one up, and its gone everywhere I can look in the states....

Anyone got another option for a drop in noir replacement?

RE: F monitor banding.

Washing out the Flor. tray, cleaning the bulbs (carefully), and cleaning the different layers can make a difference. I've done this on a Darius Burst, Several Fs and and L so far. I got semi creative with that diffusing layer. I tried degreaser and bleach soak- I figured if I was going to damage the plastic, I'd just get a monitor bracket and put something else in there anyways. I probably dropped the brown about 20-30%. Is it worth the time? Depends on how bad it is, I guess.

Do those LG replacements have a 4:3 option? Do the official Taitotech monitors (current batch)?

RE: F monitor banding.

Washing out the Flor. tray, cleaning the bulbs (carefully), and cleaning the different layers can make a difference. I've done this on a Darius Burst, Several Fs and and L so far. I got semi creative with that diffusing layer. I tried degreaser and bleach soak- I figured if I was going to damage the plastic, I'd just get a monitor bracket and put something else in there anyways. I probably dropped the brown about 20-30%. Is it worth the time? Depends on how bad it is, I guess.

Do those LG replacements have a 4:3 option? Do the official Taitotech monitors (current batch)?
I've been throwing away half a dozen monitors already because it wasn't worth my time to clean and still try to make a sell on an only 720P vewlix. Replacing to a off the shelf monitor looks much better. LG replacement don't have an option to change ratio.

Neither do the new Taitotech monitors apparently.

Can I ask what settings you went for, did you go for game mode and what about the other options? Super resolution plus and black levels....
Game mode yes, everything else off.

The only mistake I did was that I set it up for hardware which outputs 1080p as standard. I then noticed that if I plug in anything that outputs 720p the monitor displays a message that 1080p is the recommended resolution. Well, no shit. The message doesn't display for long, but it still annoys me. So make sure to pipe in 720p before hand, when the message appears you can then choose not to display it in the future.

Anyway, awesome to hear that there's no problems getting it to fit in a Noir. I have Noirs coming in. I'll save myself the trouble of trying to clean the monitors up.

Great Thanks, I spotted the bit about changing resolution and have told it not to remind me again.

Here are a few pics of the new LG 35MP58HQ fitted to the Noir, I didn't get a chance to take any pics of how I did it, but after the monitor has been removed you are left with a nice metal bracket on to which to mount the LG.

script>

script>

script>

script>

script>

Reactions: nem
Back