What's new
All done. Managed to squeeze it all in and retain my zero VIA policy. :)
Just want to confirm the routing, I've done it thusly:

U1 PIN 30 (PD0) to R3 PAD 1
R3 PAD 2 to LED CATHODE
LED ANODE TO +5V

SAT2NEO_AR_V1.1.png
That is correct. I need to update the code to add the LED. I'll do that in the next few days.

By any chance, do you plan to make a DIP version of it ?
I am asking because I am not really sure if my programmer can handle the sm version (mini pro - also completely noob in chip programming)
Thanks

Mini Pro will work just fine with the surface mount chip.

I'm in the process of consolidating all of the relevant resources and information into a single ZIP download. Just waiting for the new code with status LED and I'll publish it on the main post of this thread.

Thank you !
I will stick with the minipro I ordered then. Those USB ISP programmers are cheap though.

The USB ISP is easier to interface with the chip. I've made an adapter PCB specifically for Arthrimus' Saturn adapter, you simply connect the adapter to the DB15 and the programmer connects directly to the adapter PCB. So still worth grabbing one given their low cost.

I've also compiled a HEX file for the code and will provide the fuse settings so it'll be straight forward to program.

Yes, I saw your DB15 adaptater and I was planning to wire it with the dupont connectors to the minipro, do you think it won't be adapted ?

Thank you very much for the HEX file (and for all the rest ;) ) !

You could certainly do it that way, wire to the Mini Pro.

The Github is updated with LED support on the autofire code specifically. I'll add it to the remap only code later on. The LED portion is untested currently, but it's lifted directly from another project that I am working on where it has been tested so I don't expect there to be any problems. I'll have a chance to confirm everything this Sunday.

The way the LED code works is as follows. When you power up the adapter the LED flashes for a second to let you know It's working. The LED is normally OFF after startup. When you enter Button Remapping or Autofire Mapping modes, the LED turns on. Every time you press a button the LED turns off briefly to confirm the button press. Once you exit the Button Mapping or Autofire Mapping modes the LED turns off and stays off until you enter one of the mapping modes again.

I can verify the code / LED works perfectly.

I just tacked on a through hole LED to test.

See first post for details / download.

Start building these awesome Saturn adapters for yourselves gentleman (and ladies if there's any cool chicks here).

Hi, I have never programed a chip before but I am really interested in learning how to do this so i don't have to mess up a good controller. I don't have any trouble soldering components just no experience in programing chips. Could anyone tell me what equipment i might need? I have seen some mention of usb isp, Ardunio? Thanks

If you can sell just the board with out the Saturn and DB15, I'm down. I'd rather support another creator instead of making the same product.

Thanks,
James

Download and install eXtreme Burner - AVR

http://extremeelectronics.co.in/avr-tutorials/gui-software-for-usbasp-based-usb-avr-programmers/

Purchase a USB ISP programmer with 6 pin adapter.

Example: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-Pin-...hash=item3d43437ed2:m:mTo61hzRT35N_o82XbQEdtA

Connect the USB ISP device to your computer's USB port. Connect the 6 pin adapter to the USB ISP via the included ribbon cable. Connect the 6 pin adapter to my QPB PCB. Pay attention to the pin labels and match them up.

Open eXtreme Burner - AVP.

MENU - CHIP - ATMEGA328P

FILE - OPEN FLASH - select the HEX file from wherever it's stored on your computer.

FUSE BITS/SETTINGS TAB - Tick the Low Fuse Write checkbox. Type in E2.

Click Write All icon. Ignore any message about chip identification and continue (it's just complaining as we're flashing a surface mount chip as opposed to through hole but it doesn't matter.

Done.

Back