What's new
S

Stegrey

I have a sega chihiro that after the white boot screen it goes to a black sceen.. i tried to go onto the test menu and it does the same its like it does it after a certain amount of time.. i was told it sounds like a fault on the core board but is it fixable ?
I went to get my spare out and it wouldnt work atall opened it up the gpu fan had stopped working so thats probably dead :(

From what I understand, chihiros are fairly fragile. The BGA chips on there can be reflowed with the proper setup, but they usually get damaged during shipping. Who knows how much of that is due to bad shipping practices?

For the spare, try swapping the working fan over. Some systems won't boot if the fan doesn't spin up.

From what I understand, chihiros are fairly fragile. The BGA chips on there can be reflowed with the proper setup, but they usually get damaged during shipping. Who knows how much of that is due to bad shipping practices?

For the spare, try swapping the working fan over. Some systems won't boot if the fan doesn't spin up.
Are you thinking of Hikaru?

I've yet to hear of Chihiro getting damaged in transit.

There are a few very recent Chihiro repair threads on here. Worth taking a look at those. Worst case scenario, Ken still services them at irepairsega.

Are you thinking of Hikaru?
I've yet to hear of Chihiro getting damaged in transit.

There are a few very recent Chihiro repair threads on here. Worth taking a look at those. Worst case scenario, Ken still services them at irepairsega.
Yes. I'm constantly mixing those two up. Sorry!

Back