What's new

Hadouken Arcade

Professional
Reaction score
It’s been a while since there has been an update.

Currently (Nov.29.2022) bracket is out of stock at my webpage, but I plan to place an order ASAP once I have the updated drawings. Lead time is usually 5-6 weeks, so I expect it’ll be available Mid-February.

I apologize for the hold up. I hope to maintain the webpage more often but cab importing eats up so much of my time.

This next design will be non-drill version. At the beginning of the design, I was hesitated to use the original M3 screw size but since I have confirmed enough installation myself (roughly 20 cabs so far), I’m more comfortable switching to M3.

I’m also adding screw holes for Orange/D Black vewlix. Existing design will work but monitor selection is limited since it eats up additional 10mm thickness compare to installing on other vewlix model. It was close from not fitting.

The bracket can also be used for Chewlix for lower price since it only needs 2 parts instead of 3. Documentation will follow up which Chewlix can use this.

I'm also creating another optional part to secure the glass in the monitor frame for L, F, FC, orange and diamond black. This will also address the monitor glass being able to push in on the corner.

Batch #3 Rev. C is ready to order.

Update for Rev. C
  • Center area of the main bracket has been cutout to accommodate monitors with un-removable monitor stand neck.
Monitor compatibility list has been updated.

List (Click)

IMG_5454.jpeg
IMG_5460.jpeg

Updates for Rev. B (batch #2)
  • Design package has been submitted and currently waiting quotes from the vendor.
  • Material has been changed to stainless 1.5 mm from aluminum 2 mm. Previous material aluminium is perfectly fine. Just making it more heavy and sturdy but comes with a price.
  • Weight has been substantially increased to about 15 lb from 5 lb. Total weight with off the shelf monitor assembly should be in similar range to early Vewlix model monitor which is 30 lb.
  • Two types of VESA brackets are now available. 100 x 100 and 200 x 100. I figured not everybody has the tools to cut a stainless steel plate if needed.
  • Instead of tap-thru on the main bracket, PEM nut will be installed. If somebody manages to bugger the thread, I can't help you on that.
  • M6 flange nut will be replaced to nylon nut (still tentative) - much harder to tighten and untighten.

37250.png
37251.png

Main posting
Hi, I finally came up with a design that will fit just about any monitor into a vewlix. I had to scrap several designs since it wasn't good enough.

Bracket plate (purple) will be installed on the monitor VESA mount and the main bracket (mint) will push down the monitor to the case. Cover (yellow) will be installed on top of the assembly. Purple plate can be relocated depending on the monitor VESA mount location.

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 10.13.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 10.44.53 PM.png

Click pictures to expand.

Will work with:
32" (31.5) Flat monitor - tested monitor list will follow up
VESA style: 200 X 100, 200 X 200 and 100 X 100

Verified Vewlix stock Monitor:
  • P32L150 - 1080P, Vewlix diamond
  • T32H07S(KA) - 720P, F
  • TA32H07SF-C - 720P, C (Red) - need additional corner brackets
WIP
  • TY320CPG-3 - 720P, L and AMI
  • MT3232A2 - 720P, VS
Price:
$210 + shipping

Add $10 if your monitor is TA32H07SF-C

If you need more than one, PM me.

Where to purchase:
Here (link) - WIP
Plan on maintaining stock at all time.

Skill level required:
Beginner to moderate with patient
Manual will be provided and updated if necessary.

Tool required:
  • Phillips screwdriver - size for M3, #4-40 and equivalent
  • Drill size 4mm and equivalent
  • Countersink bits - optional
Material:

Anodized aluminum. Light weight baby! by Ronnie
Manufactured from AS9100 certified vendor

Improvement over the last design:
The old design had a minor issue where the glass will go in when corners are pushed from the outside. This happens when the monitor is “hanging” on the bracket instead of pushing down the case by the bracket. This was my pet peeve and hardest thing to solve in order to make the bracket universal but in the same time compatible with all vewlix stock monitor.

About this bracket:
Bracket was designed with these in mind:
Easy to install with minimum modification, screen rotatable without worrying monitor falling out and re-usability with different monitors

PS
It is possible to use on Chewlix but this will require some modification.

Progress:
1/13/20
I'm getting 3 prototypes. Drawings have been sent to manufacturer. Two for me one for Cereth.

Update: 8/23/19
Prototype bracket has arrived. Fit-check done. See #64

Update: 8/6/19
Designed a bracket so it can be used on L, L AMI, F and FC (or C) See #60

Update: 7/20/19
I've designed a bracket to secure the monitor inside the case. See #36

This is severely outdated. 1/13/20

-------------------
Hello, I’ve been looking into replacing outdated Vewlix Sanwa monitor to modern display. I’ve been brainstorming for a while and finally decided to do it. This is not a final version but to proof my concept. Any improvement and suggestion are welcome. I need suggestion on preventing the monitor from shifting inside the monitor frame. For now, I’ve used foam blocks. A temporary bandage patch.

I used LG monitor 32MP58HQ. Any equivalent model will work. I was going try to use the LG monitor VESA mount but I had to remove the chassis due to clearance.

The required modification will be extending the backlight and remote button harness. It’s not a common connector that I can recognize. The wire gauge felt like 26 or 28. You “can” screw down the video board like what I did (half-ass) and call it a day. However, I would strongly recommend securing down the board with your preference.

Some small steps have been omitted for simplicity.

Yes, what you see behind the glass is dirt that have been accumulated for a long time.
  1. Disassemble. Separate the glass vewlix monitor
  2. Remove all components on Vewlix chassis
  3. Tape down the glass on vewlix monitor frame
  4. Remove 3 screws behind U shape cover on LG monitor (missing photo)
  5. Disassemble LG monitor
  6. Carefully disconnect the LVDS ribbon and backlight harness.
  7. Remove LG monitor chassis
  8. Put disassembled LG monitor into vewlix monitor frame
  9. Put foams to prevent monitor shifting inside the frame
  10. Install vewlix chassis to frame
  11. Relocate the LG monitor video board onto vewlix chassis
  12. Put foam blocks between LG monitor and chassis - you want the foam to be just enough to push down the monitor.
  13. Connect all modified harness and HDMI cable and etc.
  14. Close cover (missing photo)

No Taito original parts have been harmed :D

View attachment 19399

View attachment 19390

View attachment 19391

View attachment 19392

View attachment 19393

View attachment 19394

View attachment 19395

View attachment 19396

View attachment 19397

View attachment 19398

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 10.42.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 10.42.30 PM.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 752
  • IMG_5459.jpeg
    IMG_5459.jpeg
    818.8 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_5457.jpeg
    IMG_5457.jpeg
    942.4 KB · Views: 658
Last edited:
Huge picture improvement over old Sanwa monitor. Not only that, no more unexplained artifacts, no out of range issue, no fan noise and better compatibility with HDMI switch. Because I used the existing form factor, it is compatible with any vewlix. I installed on my vewlix L and had no issue.

IMG_1867.jpeg

IMG_1863.jpeg

IMG_1861.jpeg

IMG_1860.jpeg

IMG_1862.jpeg

IMG_1865.jpeg

IMG_1881.JPG

Thanks for posting this here! I heard about it from a buddy who saw it on Facebook — but I don’t visit Facebook often (ever). Glad to have it over here, and I’m definitely looking at doing this for my FC.

Thank you so much for this!
The first of what I consider to actually be a proper Vewlix LCD replacement tutorial (because the screen isn't taped inside the Vewlix but properly mounted inside its enclosure).

Looks good, id like to see how x2 or such would work. How do you make monitor adjustments?

Thanks for posting this here! I heard about it from a buddy who saw it on Facebook — but I don’t visit Facebook often (ever). Glad to have it over here, and I’m definitely looking at doing this for my FC.
No problem. I started this hobby here. It makes sense to create a thread at AP. :D I also have 3 FC that I'll be looking into.

The first of what I consider to actually be a proper Vewlix LCD replacement tutorial (because the screen isn't taped inside the Vewlix but properly mounted inside its enclosure).
Thanks. I want a robust solution where I don't have to worry about monitor shifting when orientation is rotated

Looks good, id like to see how x2 or such would work. How do you make monitor adjustments?
Simple. Just need to extend the harness and place where you desire. Brightness is also adjustable through windows and Mac application via HDMI. Monitor will turn on automatically when power is applied. No need to push ON.

IMG_1728.jpg

Simple. Just need to extend the harness and place where you desire. Brightness is also adjustable through windows and Mac application via HDMI. Monitor will turn on automatically when power is applied. No need to push ON.

IMG_1728.jpg
I am going to gamble and try this in my ami. Any recommendations on the tape and foam? Looks like I can get the lcd on amazon.

I am going to gamble and try this in my ami. Any recommendations on the tape and foam? Looks like I can get the lcd on amazon.
I just used thin electrical tape from 3M. I have to find out what foam part number I'll be using since I used scrapped fire retardant foams from work. 1" height foam worked out well. I haven't shopped around but you can purchase from mcmaster(link). Does L AMI version has the chassis that I used? My vewlix L only has two brackets holding the assembly. Yes, availability was one factor that I chose this monitor.

IMG_0293.jpeg

Wow!!! Finally you made it!!!
I wish i could do the same to my fc in sometime. Great work!!!

Thanks for the post. I think Im going to try this. I have one question though. I noticed that the LG 32MP58HQ has a actual screen size of 31.5" not 32". Is the LG smaller than the original monitor? Im not home to check my vewlix so it may actually have a 31.5" screen also. I was just wondering if any of the new monitor frame was visible through the glass. Or if you only see the screen.

I just used thin electrical tape from 3M. I have to find out what foam part number I'll be using since I used scrapped fire retardant foams from work. 1" height foam worked out well. I haven't shopped around but you can purchase from mcmaster(link). Does L AMI version has the chassis that I used? My vewlix L only has two brackets holding the assembly. Yes, availability was one factor that I chose this monitor.
IMG_0293.jpeg
I am not sure if it does, Ami can have a wei-ya or a tft. I ordered the lcd and some mounting tape, and I’m off this weekend so I will give it a try.

It looks like the LG 32MP58HQ is a older model would the LG 32ML600M-B be a better choice? Its only slightly more money.

I just used thin electrical tape from 3M. I have to find out what foam part number I'll be using since I used scrapped fire retardant foams from work. 1" height foam worked out well. I haven't shopped around but you can purchase from mcmaster(link). Does L AMI version has the chassis that I used? My vewlix L only has two brackets holding the assembly. Yes, availability was one factor that I chose this monitor.IMG_0293.jpeg
I am not sure if it does, Ami can have a wei-ya or a tft. I ordered the lcd and some mounting tape, and I’m off this weekend so I will give it a try.
Make sure to do a burn-in test before you start disassembling the monitor :D

It looks like the LG 32MP58HQ is a older model would the LG 32ML600M-B be a better choice? Its only slightly more money.
Not necessary old but different. It is using a panel with HDR. You can use concept that I did though. I chose 32MP58HQ because it has been manufactured for quite a while and available anywhere.

I would not personally put any panel in a cab without knowing exactly what the input lag was first. Something to keep in mind before you just grab any panel that fits. Being a 'newer' model doesn't mean it's better in that respect. The marketing page claims low lag for the LG 32ML600M-B but doesn't even list a spec (the grey to grey response they list isn't the same thing).

https://displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time/

This is gonna be a personal preference thing, but for me anything that's not strictly sub frame lag from the center of the screen isn't acceptable for an arcade monitor.

I would not personally put any panel in a cab without knowing exactly what the input lag was first. Something to keep in mind before you just grab any panel that fits. Being a 'newer' model doesn't mean it's better in that respect. The marketing page claims low lag for the LG 32ML600M-B but doesn't even list a spec (the grey to grey response they list isn't the same thing).

https://displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time/

This is gonna be a personal preference thing, but for me anything that's not strictly sub frame lag from the center of the screen isn't acceptable for an arcade monitor.
I hear you, I have a black diamond monitor in my blue diamond. If I can put this in my AMI successfully I will put the monitor through some tests- compare the two and see how it measures up.

I thought @Derick2k had measured the lag of the Sanwa Vewlix LCD next to the New New (aka Diamond Black) LCD.
I can't seem to find that post atm so maybe he'll pop in and repost the results.

I thought @Derick2k had measured the lag of the Sanwa Vewlix LCD next to the New New (aka Diamond Black) LCD.
I can't seem to find that post atm so maybe he'll pop in and repost the results.
Yup, I think the numbers are posted in one of your threads.

Back