What's new
I've been using my Retroelectronik supergun Pro and I'm not really satisfied with it. I'm also on a waitlist for the Sentinel supergun but that thread hasn't been updated since May.

I'd like to take this footprint and combine it with a Model2b filterboard. The filterboard has many, many unused connectors, and for a 3-button fighting game, wouldn't need many of the additional components, allowing space for the minigun components.

I'll have to properly map out a PCB of the filterboard itself first (perhaps even successfully recreate one before the minigun) and then begin removing components to the point where I have enough room for the minigun.

I think a minigun in place of a filter board would be a really slick setup if attached to it's PCB cage!

Any thoughts?

Sounds like an awesome project and the point of the Minigun is it's small enough and open source to be able to do stuff like this.

Go for it :)

source.gif

@biggestsonicfan

I've been piecing together a mini supergun build for testing my arcade boards and figured I'd share my enclosure design. It's still a work in progress but you can see how I've organized it. The JAMMA and VGA ports line up together on the back and it has Genesis controller ports up front. I still need to mount the audio jack, build a cover, and give it some ventilation holes. This is almost as wide as my printer can print so I'm lucky I was able to get it all to fit.

1962497f7b9baa428a3a0171de1c2914.jpg

Anyone have any good link to a Mini Din 8 extension cable. About 2m long, Bonus if shipped from EU.

I do but I'm in the middle of a few orders so want to finish those up before accepting any new work, then I'm taking a holiday!

Which ones were you interested in?

I bought a bunch of these and they are basically identical to etim.net.au supplied ones, but they feel softer and bend easier and also go back to straight easier. Also they have a ferrite core on them, which is quite decent in weight. Both are just 9 unshielded wires + 1 raw stranded wire, with a light metal sheath and the plastic outer coating. They combine shipping so I get 10 delivered for the price of one! ebay ones are dark blue, etim.net.au ones are black.

@Frank_fjs i like the twisty blue dials you have, seen on your minigun in the family photo above !

These are the knobbed trimmers:

3362P-1-102TLF

I bought a bunch of these and they are basically identical to etim.net.au supplied ones, but they feel softer and bend easier and also go back to straight easier. Also they have a ferrite core on them, which is quite decent in weight. Both are just 9 unshielded wires + 1 raw stranded wire, with a light metal sheath and the plastic outer coating. They combine shipping so I get 10 delivered for the price of one! ebay ones are dark blue, etim.net.au ones are black.
@Frank_fjs i like the twisty blue dials you have, seen on your minigun in the family photo above !
Having used both, I found the black cable had a slight shimmering on a fixed screen (MVS crosshatch is good for this test) and the blue one didn't.

It may be unshielded, but the core filter is very effective.

xodaraP said:
Having used both, I found the black cable had a slight shimmering on a fixed screen (MVS crosshatch is good for this test) and the blue one didn't.
@Nimmers was sure the blue ones gave him a better quality picture too ! Blue ones are the winners by the sounds of it :)

Blue one yields a much better picture for me also and with no audio interference. The connectors are much better quality, and I'm pretty sure the outer sheath is shielded.

Yeah I use the blue ones with Tim Worthington SCART adapters and it all performs nicely for me.

@Frank_fjs

I cant remember if this was asked before, any chance of a composite video addon board? I get asked this from people that want me to make them a minigun and i tell them it only outputs rgbs, and they hate the fact that they need another device to work on a regular crt

@Frank_fjs

I cant remember if this was asked before, any chance of a composite video addon board? I get asked this from people that want me to make them a minigun and i tell them it only outputs rgbs, and they hate the fact that they need another device to work on a regular crt
I think the propose of this minigun is a simple, good and cheap supergun, if you want other video signal than RGB, just use a transcoder that you like, there's alot out there.

Back