What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I've finally released the files to 3D print your own ST-V multi-cart housing. :)
52524c7211218fb4bdc93036b771d391_preview_featured.jpg
15ad4a79d95d0277a45bf8b10c79b8b1_preview_featured.jpg

If you want to use this with an original game there is an alternate front cover without the cut outs for the ST-V Multicart. The "bump" on the front of the cartridge has been removed to make for easier printing but this also means that this housing will not fit any game who's PCB uses a socketed EPROM in this area as there likely wont be enough clearance.(I haven't checked personally but it doesn't look like it would fit)

The Multi-Cart front cover has 3 cutouts designed to accommodate the jumper header, card slot, and reset/audio wires on a Darksoft ST-V Multi-cart. The jumper header opening should be large enough for a remote jumper or LCD selector ribbon cable.
For the reset wire and sound effects output on the multi-cart I recommend soldering a header along the side to route these pins to the side opening as shown in the photos below.

stv_option_pins_1.jpg
stv_option_pins_3.jpg

BUY ONE FROM ME HERE: https://bit-district.com/sega-st-v-multi-cart-housing.html

FILES TO PRINT YOURSELF HERE: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1786140

----------------

If you want a housing for the matching STV Multi-Selector LCD more info on that can be found here: 3D Printed Sega ST-V Multi LCD Selector Case

----------------

I've also made a label that features logos for all of the ST'-V's Joystick&Button games that you can download on the thingiverse page or here on the forum: ST-V Multi Cart Label
I used the English language logo when available, the games are ordered by their English language name and each logo has a series of boxes below it that you can color in to specify the jumper setting for that game.
multi_label.jpg

Attachments

• stv_option_pins_2.jpg
    stv_option_pins_2.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 5919742872236685bb13a7e24a47af47_preview_featured.jpg
    5919742872236685bb13a7e24a47af47_preview_featured.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Great job dude. Looks awesome. As soon as I retrieve my 3D printer from storage back in NC I will be printing a few of these.

A bit off topic, anyone able to make me a ST-V label that is like the original Sega designs that says "Darksoft ST-V Multicart Proto"?

Necrobump, but is anyone printing these right now? Also, where did anyone get the sticker printed from?

I haven't printed any in a while because I've been having problems getting clean prints of such a wide flat item without warping. I'm hoping to upgrade to a glass bed soon (the plan was yesterday but I'm still waiting on some parts).

as for the sticker, I just printed that at home using sticker paper I picked up at staples.

That translucent yellow one I had a buddy print for me. Thanks for the files!

Anyone who's interested in buying an STV-Multi Cart housing, and or an STV LCD Selector housing please post your interest so I can get idea of demand/ how much stock i have to print up.

+1 STV-Multi Cart housing
+1 STV LCD Selector housing

Im also interested in cps2 lcd housing

Last edited:
+1 STV-Multi Cart housing
+1 STV LCD Selector housing

(I need a cps2 lcd housing as well) :)

Last edited:
Quick question TS, where did you get the pictured dip bank? (the red one in your OP?) I used the remote cable/bank but I would like to switch to one of those now that I have the cart in a housing.

Quick question TS, where did you get the pictured dip bank? (the red one in your OP?) I used the remote cable/bank but I would like to switch to one of those now that I have the cart in a housing.
I found the dips on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIP-Switch-6-Position-Right-Angle-Gold-Contacts-/160737959480

I just soldered it to a PCB and then soldered a female header next to it. Each of the inner pins on the dip are bridged to the nearest inner pin on the header. then all of the outside pins of the dip are bridge together and a single wire is run to a ground pin on the other side of the header

I found the dips on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIP-Switch-6-Position-Right-Angle-Gold-Contacts-/160737959480
I just soldered it to a PCB and then soldered a female header next to it. Each of the inner pins on the dip are bridged to the nearest inner pin on the header. then all of the outside pins of the dip are bridge together and a single wire is run to a ground pin on the other side of the header
I can handle that. Might make a cool add-on for your 3d printed cases if you made a few. Hell, I'd buy one.

Back