What's new

Ace`

Student
Reaction score
I am trying to convert a Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting to the Japanese Turbo version but I am having issues. I changed the program rom 23 (s2tj_23.8f) which runs and mostly looks good with the original maskroms but the turbo logo is messed up. Looking at mame I see I also need to change the 4 maskroms (3C - 6C) which I did but the result is a complete mess, with all the backgrounds messed up. At first I thought the 27C400s I bought from China were the issue either too slow or just junk but then tried faster 27C322s with the data quadrupled but it's the same. I even tried another SF2 HF board but it's the same, what I am missing?

The only thing I can think is that the location names are wrong in mame or different for the maskrom b board since the original japanese b board seems to use eproms. ?(

Doesn’t that take a 27c4096?

or 240 or 4002

Wow... so I have the same issue?
Burned HF roms 21-23 and get a messed up Turbo graphic...
My understanding is that the HF upgrade was only those three roms over the standard CE romset, so the Turbo logo must be stored in one of those chips...
Perhaps we both have a bad dump?
Have you found any other issues?

be aware that the type of roms (jedec/non-jedec) is determined by the b-board... often (always?) they have jumpers to set which pinout it expects. You'll need to get EPROMs to match, for a start. Not sure if that's the cause of your issues though, I would think a lot would be garbled if it was...

I checked the maskroms, they're 27c400 pinout.

Hyper Fighting (EUR/USA) is just a 3 program rom upgrade, Turbo (Jap) requires the 3 graphics roms too.

The dumps can't be bad as it works in mame, I think 4C and 5C might need to be swapped I haven't tried yet though.

Back