What's new
Mark your items as sold

JuS7Chris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taito Jamma Kit, open box, virtually new.
Opened for testing purposes and put it back in the box.
Everything included as it came in the box.

Asking $850 shipped in the US.

PP F&F or pay fees.

61437321013__0D8C61DC-5DA7-420D-8C8A-489140C8A40F.JPEG
61437325687__0E7D9C98-B2F3-4D5B-9FBA-FC628A1F93FB.JPEG

Attachments

• 61437328869__7814DEAF-0E03-4778-8805-2C83C8230D76.JPEG
    61437328869__7814DEAF-0E03-4778-8805-2C83C8230D76.JPEG
    88.3 KB · Views: 76
Just out of curiosity what's different from this other than being stock from Taito in terms of what it does vs the Irken Jammifier?

Functionally, the biggest difference I would say is the Taito version comes with a scaler. How they plug in for power, I/O, etc. is different, but otherwise intend to function the same.

bah I’m too slow!
Consider yourself good with a crimper?
I'm excellent with one.....what's up. :D
There was a project going to remake the kit, but it's dead in the water because you can't get any harness company to look at you for under 5k units.

I've got pics and pinouts of the entire harness. Can change the video connector to put whatever scaler you want in line, (and deal with the audio yourself because it has an absolutely ridiculous volume pot that's hard to source) and you're off to the races.

Just out of curiosity what's different from this other than being stock from Taito in terms of what it does vs the Irken Jammifier?
Taito System:
Control panel -> JAMMA harness -> Game PCB

Jammifier:
Control panel -> JVS IO (serialization*) -> JAMMIFIER (de-serialization*) -> Game PCB

*this process adds lag, it's a fact of physics, it might be very minor (I've not done any research into quantifying it) but it is slower than a plain old-fashioned wire.

Jammaifier polls so very fast I feel the lag is beyond human perception, I'm not saying it doesn't exists only that its a non-issue as I see it.

Also remember that the Taito JAMMA kit isn't providing -5v (aka PCBs that need it require you to provide your own solution normally in the form of the Negatron) where Jammaifier is.

Also remember that the Taito JAMMA kit isn't providing -5v (aka PCBs that need it require you to provide your own solution normally in the form of the Negatron) where Jammaifier is.
At least that's an incredibly easy to rectify thing, and folks have been adding -5v to candy cabs for decades now.

I have 2 negatrons I need to get on two of my cabs to play killer instinct or like you said anything requiring the -5 v

Back