What's new
Want To Buy

strygo

Student
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm seeking the following CPS-2 boards. Consider the prices shown as starting points (they assume good condition, on battery, original labels). If you have any, please let me know!
  • Battle Circuit (Euro or Asia) - $400
  • Hyper Street Fighter II (USA or Asia) - $400
  • Mars Matrix (USA) - $400
  • Mega Man (USA) - $1200
  • Progear (USA) - $400
  • Puzz Loop 2 (Euro) - $400
  • Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha (Asia) - $200

I have the following boards to trade as well:
  • 19XX (Asia)
  • Capcom Sports Club (Asia)
  • Capcom Sports Club (Euro)
  • Cyberbots (Euro)
  • Darkstalkers (USA)
  • Giga Wing (USA, Phoenix)
  • Marvel Super Heroes (USA)
  • Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (USA)
  • Progear (USA, Reproduction)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 (USA, Phoenix)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Euro)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA)
  • Super Gem Fighter (USA)
  • Super Street Fighter 2 (USA)
  • X-Men: Children of the Atom (USA)

Last edited:
Haven’t got any of those, but are you looking for blue USA or blue Euro boards?
Might help potential sellers ;)

I've got a Puzzloop 2. You should update your profile with your location, if you wish to buy/sell/trade.
-ud

Good call. I'm located in Washington state. I'm definitely interested - are you able to share any pics? Thanks!

Steve

I only have 1944 on blue but unfortunately it is a Phoenix.

Edit - I am going to put all 22 boards for sale but I need to figure out how much they are going for.

PM'd photos/info :)

And just to help you keep your hopes in check, some of those are pretty rare in Blue (other colors way more common). I'll rate them on a scale of 1-10:

1944 [6/10]
Armored Warrors [8/10]
Battle Circuit [9/10]
Capcom Sports Club [6/10]
Dimahoo [7/10]
Eco Fighters [8/10]
Mars Matrix [6/10]
Mega Man [10/10, never officially released, only location tested. I know of maybe 3, including my own]
Mega Man 2 [9/10]
Mighty Pang! [10/10, this is the only one I've ever seen: http://www.meristation.com.mx/reportaje/regreso-al-pasado-pang/1602769?p=5]
Puzz Loop 2 [6/10]
Slam Masters II [8/10]

-ud

Last edited:
I tracked down a couple thanks to folks here. Thank you!

PM'd photos/info :)

And just to help you keep your hopes in check, some of those are pretty rare in Blue (other colors way more common). I'll rate them on a scale of 1-10:

1944 [6/10]
Armored Warrors [8/10]
Battle Circuit [9/10]
Capcom Sports Club [6/10]
Dimahoo [7/10]
Eco Fighters [8/10]
Mars Matrix [6/10]
Mega Man [10/10, never officially released, only location tested. I know of maybe 3, including my own]
Mega Man 2 [9/10]
Mighty Pang! [10/10, this is the only one I've ever seen: http://www.meristation.com.mx/reportaje/regreso-al-pasado-pang/1602769?p=5]
Puzz Loop 2 [6/10]
Slam Masters II [8/10]

-ud
I can agree with this list. You need to have a stack of cash ready for some of these since they go quick if it's not insanely priced.

I'm just glad that in the grand scheme of things, there are way fewer CPS2 boards than say NES carts. :D

I suppose I am. Your rareness guide was a bit of cold water on my face though. :P I also remember picking up some of these boards for $80 on eBay as little as 4-5 years ago.

I have especially fond memories of these games from my teenage years. I imported all of the Saturn ports and played them a ton.

I suppose I am. Your rareness guide was a bit of cold water on my face though. :P
Once you are open to collecting JP carts, you can hit Yahoo Japan Auctions and JP PCB shops that have an online presence, which really changes the landscape. Though, I will say that Megaman 1 is extra stupidly rare, in any region (do keep in mind when no photos are available, that the CPS1 version is not rare and leads to many false positives when searching). Thankfully, rarity doesn't always correlate with price, it just means few and far between opportunities to buy them.

Oh, also regarding buying off of Yahoo Japan Auctions, do not buy from sellers "scramble1982" or "hiyoko_studio". They sell converted carts (no factory mask ROMs). Don't hate yourself for dropping hundreds on a conversion.

I also remember picking up some of these boards for $80 on eBay as little as 4-5 years ago.
Yeah, the market has changed a lot for anything "retro gaming." In the early 2000's, when I began collecting, many of the common CPS2 boards (SSFII, SFA, X-Men, MSH, etc.) were around $20 on ebay.
-ud

I only need a Rockman 1 to finish my collection now... Been looking for 15 years.

I suppose I am. Your rareness guide was a bit of cold water on my face though. :P
Once you are open to collecting JP carts, you can hit Yahoo Japan Auctions and JP PCB shops that have an online presence, which really changes the landscape. Though, I will say that Megaman 1 is extra stupidly rare, in any region (do keep in mind when no photos are available, that the CPS1 version is not rare and leads to many false positives when searching). Thankfully, rarity doesn't always correlate with price, it just means few and far between opportunities to buy them.

Oh, also regarding buying off of Yahoo Japan Auctions, do not buy from sellers "scramble1982" or "hiyoko_studio". They sell converted carts (no factory mask ROMs). Don't hate yourself for dropping hundreds on a conversion.

I also remember picking up some of these boards for $80 on eBay as little as 4-5 years ago.
Yeah, the market has changed a lot for anything "retro gaming." In the early 2000's, when I began collecting, many of the common CPS2 boards (SSFII, SFA, X-Men, MSH, etc.) were around $20 on ebay.
-ud
Last year before I had the battery changed I had all the CPS2 boards for sale as a lot and when priced each was $100 here at AP and SHMUPS.. it costed me 2 of my beloved CRTs to get the battery changed by a very cool,local guy..all you cheap ass gamers :P

I only need a Rockman 1 to finish my collection now... Been looking for 15 years.
Dude, I don't know if I ever told this story (sorry for cluttering up your thread, strygo), but how I got mine is so stupid:

Like you, looking for eons, never popping up for sale, anywhere. Multiple false-positive purchases (got suckered into a conversion that looked legit, another guy wasn't clear that it was actually the CPS1 version, etc.). I tracked down 2 owners (I now know of 6, on the planet), and neither of them seemed to have a firm answer on whether they wanted to sell or keep. So months, even years would go by with me bugging them periodically, and coming to no conclusion. Perhaps if I offered some obscene amount of money, I could have been more convincing, but I had not reached that level of commitment. I knew there were more out there, somewhere.

So, I got in contact with a 3rd owner and he seemed a little more keen to the idea of selling. Sent me photos of the inside, exchanged a few e-mails, etc. After a couple days of pondering he decided to keep it (shocker). However, being sympathetic to my struggle, he offered to help me find one. He dug up a false-positive or two, but nothing promising. He then told me he would post a request on KLOV (which I've probably done more than once). I got an e-mail (possibly that same day) from him saying he found someone and was waiting for pics/info. He forwarded everything to me and wished me luck. It was legit. Dude wanted to sell and at a fair price. Photos.

In the end, the right contact at the right time trumps brute force searching. Bitter pill.
-ud

Back