New NEO-GEO Aes will be released ?

Kinda why I have a hard time paying for anything in full before it's even made. I don't get why they didn't just do it in batches.
 
Just canceled my pre-order, this is not the way to handle something like this when you're currently holding hundred of Euros from People. (First send Mails to your customers before posting to Social Media and don't dangle some unspecific "Founding Supporter Bonus" in the faces of people who already gave you their money)
 
That’s rubbish… don’t take on more orders than you can fulfil. It’s as simple as that.
Putting things off for 2–3 months is fine, but that’s too long… and it doesn’t feel right at all.

Thanks to 80+ original games, the MVS and AES Multi, I’m not reliant on it, but if I weren’t too lazy to cancel the order (unfortunately, I didn’t order it from Amazon), I’d ask for a refund...
 
I ordered it from plaion direct and i put an email in this morning before all this went down asking them to cancel it. Lets see how that goes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VJP
And this is why I no longer do pre-orders .. ;(

1788961980100.png
Oh wow, that's a big delay. I hope people are patient.
 
That's a bummer, but silly to think they could have ever met demand with the original launch date. . . oh well, I'm keeping my pre-order intact.
 
I anticipated a delay would happen, its a bummer but it is what it is. We've all survived delays from Analogue, ModRetro, etc. Hell, the Neo scene waited through 5 years of delays for Kruat Buster..

On a side note, I don't think the delay is due to supply issues like they stated. I'm betting they found a problem in the ASIC and are needing to re-manufacturer the ICs. If that is the case, I'm glad they're choosing to make it right instead of shipping a "good enough" product.
 
The right (but unrealistic) way to do it would be to refund everyone now and start the preorders again in May/June when they have a clear overview of what they'll be able to deliver in September '27.
The problem with this is that momentum and interest will fade. They had something going on around the Neo Geo brand that they suddenly just messed up.
And yeah, don't tell me that they didn't see it coming. The memory crisis has been hitting hard the whole year, mass producing hardware requiring memory chips was already difficult in April/May when they launched their preorders.
 
The right (but unrealistic) way to do it would be to refund everyone now and start the preorders again in May/June when they have a clear overview of what they'll be able to deliver in September '27.
The problem with this is that momentum and interest will fade. They had something going on around the Neo Geo brand that they suddenly just messed up.
And yeah, don't tell me that they didn't see it coming. The memory crisis has been hitting hard the whole year, mass producing hardware requiring memory chips was already difficult in April/May when they launched their preorders.
They may have used part of the money to finance production, so that will not be possible IMO. It can even make the whole project collapse.
 
I agree with alot of the above and think we should all be refunded and then have the opportunity to re order next year and start again. I do feel this is going to kill what could have been : (
 
Back
Top