What's new

duffcon

Professional
Reaction score
I've been working on this issue over on KLOV, but I thought someone here might also be able to help:

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/k7000-pinched-on-the-right.487185/

In Short, you can see the right side of the screen is narrower than the left (look at the MK symbols). I'll try to sum up what has been tried:

All new caps from arcadepartsandrepair.com
new flyback
Different Tube
Different width caps (c 38 @ 2x .39uf and .33uf
New linearity coill (L2)
Checked r99 & 98 out of circuit, both read 2.2k ohms (correct)

Other suggestions:

check d15 & 18
perhaps aftermarket flyback causing issues?

Any other ideas?

1617643611420.jpeg

Following. I have this exact issue on a Makvision monitor I picked up some time ago. Initially, I was thinking of pushing the neck board closer in the affected area but I don't believe it worked to my satisfaction.

Do you have another tube to try it on to isolate it? My first suggestion was going to be to try a different width cap as that can cause issues like that.

Do you have another tube to try it on to isolate it? My first suggestion was going to be to try a different width cap as that can cause issues like that.
Yes, tried it in another tube; same issue.

Change the voltage regulator.
Which one, VR4?

It occurred to me that the replacement hot was from a eBay seller. It’s a us seller with a good history so I don’t think it was fake, but maybe slightly different?

I spoke with Randy Fromm and he asked me to check the HOT to see if it was, well; hot.

So measuring 2 k7000s, on for about 20 mins. The faulty chassis is noticeably hotter on the heat sink right above the hot. Measuring with my thermal gun, pointed at the hot, it’s about a 25 degree (f) difference -

132 Vs 105 degrees.

Randy seems to think it has to do with the power supplied to the HOT, suspecting either leaky D15 & 18, or perhaps related to C36, 37, 69. I ordered all the above, first trying the Diodes, then the caps.

Last edited:
Back