What's new

snakeGrave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things here!

One is a replacement for the locking bracket HOT1507. I had some cabs that were missing these and I wanted a way to hold the CP shut that was more effective and nicer looking than taping it shut. I also have had a hard time finding replacements of these for sale compared to other tangs.

Second thing is a cover for HOT1507 that prevents the CP from latching shut. A piece of tape over the locking bracket (HOT1507) is just as effective but I wanted something that I could leave on most of the time and then remove easily to enable locking if somebody on the cab is really going buck wild. I have three types of covers here, one for a "normal" blast city tang, another for the slightly beefier ones on the bass fishing cabs, and a third that works a little better for the plastic tangs.

files are available for download here
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5203749

Attachments

• IMG_4145.jpg
    IMG_4145.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 125
Very Cool! I am missing one of these brackets, I'll print one out and give it a try! thanks for sharing! How resiliant do you think a 3D printed part will be when used in this manner? I thought about just dremeling a scrap piece of metal to do the same thing, but have never gotten around to it.

can't really say

the print only took like 15 minutes though so I don't think I'll mind printing another if this fails over time. It seems pretty solid though. Like I don't think I could rip the CP open with it on there.

I split mine up though. Since I had a set of metal tangs I put one metal and one plastic in each cab and it seems to keep the latching uniform instead of one side lifting up.

I do need to grab some more screws so I can install these in both cabs. I think the ones that hold the tangs on are M4

Back