What's new
I had some setbacks as my printer broke last Sunday and then I came down with a nasty cold. so most of this week I've done almost nothing on this trying to get some rest.
The last two days I spent most of my time finishing up the store, running a few test orders to make sure everything was working right So I think it's ready!

bd_logo.jpg
Please check out the store, order up whatever it is you'd like to buy, and let me know if you run into any problems.

I'd like to keep this Arcade-Projects.com only for the first week or so just to make sure you guys get first crack at my inventory.
we still want to see you around. You are not leaving us, are you?

we still want to see you around. You are not leaving us, are you?
I'm not going anywhere :) AP is my arcade home!

I only created the web-shop to help me keep track of orders, because I hate managing sales/shipment over PM and email.

I hope you don't mind if I link people to my shop for 3D Printed stuff.

man that's ugly :P

I don't know how easily the case could be modified for that. it looks like there's a double stacked board where the ribbon cable attaches it would likely be too thick to fit inside the case even if it was made taller.

If you wanted to send me the cartridge board I could maybe design something, but it would likely be a month before I could get to that. my 3D printer is currently down and I'll be out of town next week, then I've got a lot of catching up to do to re-stock the store (currently sold out of ST-V carts and GDEMU trays).

Yeah, I have the complete game. The other board is the sound board and is attached to a sturdy metal plate. The ST-V cart is not enclosed or attached to anything. Would like to give it a bit of protection as the game was hard to come by.

from pics I've seen it's supposed to have some metal bracket that holds the cart in place on the PCB.
batman-forever-sega-titan-st-v-jamma-pcb-cartridge_1_576eb38e862ac266d8ddcc748e4961af.jpg

Hmmm. Let me look at what I have. I would have expected such a plate as the cart was unwieldily just trying to insert it. But I don't recall having it.

...so is that a no on printing a case? :P

so is that a no on printing a case?
The tolerances for getting things to fit well can't be worked out "over the phone". Even with a pair of digital calipers and the PCB in front of me it still takes 2-3 prints minimum to get everything to fit properly... trying to make it work with pictures and someone else trying to take dimensions is more trouble than it's worth.

if I have the cart PCB in my hands I will design and print a custom case for it. otherwise, no. This rule goes for every print I design.

You going to have stock of the STV items again soon?

I'd like to. but there have been extenuating circumstances.

the bed on my printer got badly scuffed up causing divits in the surface which means anything with a decorative surface (like the STV carts) would come out with pock marks all over them. That's fine for the underside of a GDEMU but not ok for a cart housing.

I bought a new bed but after a week or so of use the new one warped to crap which caused other issues.

so I built a custom pyrex glass bed in hope that it will never warp and never have chunks removed from it, but it screwed up all of my temperature profiles since it heats very differently than my older Aluminum bed.

I'm still working on getting that nailed down I think I'm getting close though.

I'll post up here and on the bit-district instagram and facebook pages once I have more ST-V stuff in stock.

Back