What's new
It would help if the posts / seats were Solid fill... That's one of the mods i was hopeing to make with SnakeGrave's help. That way you can use brass threaded inserts. Plus stop the posts from snapping off the cart when you screw into them (Yes i have done this)

true, M2 could work. I was thinking M3.

M2 inserts - M3 is too large! (tested it). Using M2 inserts in current design: the hole needs to be drilled. Don't mind the glue in the photo, was a test to strengthen the sctructure (hint: did not work). Keep in mind that M2 screws heads are too small for current top holes!

IMG_2535.JPG

In the current design the pillars don't match 100% the pcbs holes position and size - room for improvement :)

IMG_2538.JPG

2 photos of different break points

IMG_2537.JPGIMG_2536.JPG

Hope this helps - If you need to test print / test something just let me know.

IMG_1172.jpeg
IMG_1173.jpeg

Some of my measurements where off, so am printing a new test. Just fiddled with the design. I think the max post width would be 7.2mm. With a hole of 3.2mm for the 3.5mm wide heat set insert that would lead to a 2mm wall thickness. That should work.

Some of my measurements where off, so am printing a new test. Just fiddled with the design. I think the max post width would be 7.2mm. With a hole of 3.2mm for the 3.5mm wide heat set insert that would lead to a 2mm wall thickness. That should work.
Looks Great! If you need me to help, i can print them here and test help you if you want??
T.

I don't mind testing/printing either - Just let me know when you need feedback :)

Happy to share the files when they at least fit the mobo :) don‘t want to waste your filament. Will also share the fusion files, so you can fix my mistakes :)
I'm not up to speed with Fusion editing etc... I need to learn it one day soon would be good :)

Look forward to printing your cases :)

Fusion is quite easy to pick up and great fun to work with.

My next proto print finished this morning and it is looking a lot better. Was able to fit the cart in the mobo. Also the M2 inserts look ok. I have some warping on the case but that might be due to the old/crap petg I was using for the test print. Will put a print on with some good petg in red this time.

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1175.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

I looked into injection moldings here in AU. And i was told buy a few company's you need around 10K AUD. I would expect in China or somewhere it would be a lot cheaper...

This is for the brave ones. Attached is the current state. If you print it, let me know how it fits for you :)

Attachments

• PGM Cartridge.zip
    333.8 KB · Views: 32
my prusa takes forever. 7/8 hours per half.

- printing on a bambulab A1 @ 0.2 - slicer estimate was 6hrs, but i guess it is closer to 5-5.5hrs in total (for both sides!)
- the prusa mk3s is a very nice printer, but showing its "age" (=slower with same quality output)
- if your design is better than the old one i will have to reprint all cases *sigh* - Looking at 60-70hrs print time (again) - Anyhow i am very happy about new/current/better design!

How do you get the M2 inserts to "stick" in place? Are they glued?

Wonderful work on the case design!

Last edited:
Back