What's new
@ic3b4ll Awesome stuff. As it was mentioned before, it would be awesome to have a very slim version for naked carts (Darksoft Multi), so things can fix under the plexiglass.
It's pretty much as small as it gets given the routing constraints, I'm using 5mil traces...
Having the multi facing down would not be wise regarding heat dissipation. Basically a chip sandwich between copper planes.

I could conceivably use all 4 layers for routing but then I would have to redo the via placement and match trace impedance, and have to take care of inter track noise and so on. Too much work at this point.

Right now it's about as tall as a cartridge on its side, so it's quite reasonable.
200.webp

Lets do this, excited to get 1 or 2 of these risers.

It's pretty much as small as it gets given the routing constraints, I'm using 5mil traces...
Are you sure it's 5mil? That's ~0.1mm (incredibly small).
Yes. Hair thin. Routing 40+ traces so its a circa 2cm band of traces. Only available for 4 layer boards from JLCPCB.
I'd like to keep the traces internal but I will go through another iteration and check signal integrity and heat dissipation before I commit to a final design.

Interested in a couple of these 90 degree angle/risers when available, thanks

Just as a quick update, I'm currently in the process of finalizing a new revision of the riser.
As I have another bunch of projects halfway done and I'm trying to order all the PCBs in one go it's been taking longer than it should.
Once I have the new test run ready I'll update everyone and if all goes to plan I'll start a pre-order list.
Thank you for your continued interest and sorry for taking so long between updates.

Just as a quick update, I'm currently in the process of finalizing a new revision of the riser.
As I have another bunch of projects halfway done and I'm trying to order all the PCBs in one go it's been taking longer than it should.
Once I have the new test run ready I'll update everyone and if all goes to plan I'll start a pre-order list.
Thank you for your continued interest and sorry for taking so long between updates.
Still alive, real life got in the way. I'll give an update next week, I have a few days off.

Back