thanks

Attachments

• KA51.PNG
    KA51.PNG
    138 KB · Views: 137
  • 13 (1).jpg
    13 (1).jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 146
These are the motherboards from sheep_nova. The sound section has been populated from various parts pulled from other boards or random sourced components. Note that yours has the Kabuki instead of the standard chip for example.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow and I’ll give it a quick test against an original Dash board. Judging from photos I have seen of multiple boards I was offered, there’s a mixed bag of components and methods being used to make these functional CPS-1 boards again. They’re definitely nice for the price, but would need a bit of work to bring them 100% back up to spec, including a recap with nicer capacitors.

Maybe we can all chip in and compile a full list of parts used for that section and suitable replacements.

Reactions: roy
what is the meaning of having Kabuki instead of the standard chip?
operation wise...
i allready have of his a board and it works well compared to an original a board i have

(im buying another on in order to use is on a cps1.5 warriors of fate that was badly damaged so i need to strip the sound componnets)

I have 2 boards with the same KA51 audio chips, from a post on ukvac forums say this a chinese clone of the YM2151.
My boards also have KA12 as a replacement for the YM3012.

The KA51 on my boards has a diode going to the ground plane instead of your wire.

I bought 2 new sets of YM2151/YM3012 chips off ebay to replace the clone chips when i get around to cleaning them up.

Mine had a kabuki installed instead of the Z80 on one board.
I would say it was all they had on the shelf when they populated the sound circuit on these dash boards.
It should function as a standard Z80, I removed mine as a spare for my Qsound board should it ever fail.
20200727_152058.jpg
20200727_152114.jpg

Back