What's new
Dumb Question, I have Nesica V2 HDD.
but all games encrypted.
every folder has "Information.dat,thumbnail.png, vdimg_ec.img".
So, Can I decrypt to vdimg_ec.img files?

Attachments

• thumbnail.png
    thumbnail.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,172
Dumb Question, I have Nesica V2 HDD.
but all games encrypted.
every folder has "Information.dat,thumbnail.png, vdimg_ec.img".
So, Can I decrypt to vdimg_ec.img files?
you may be able to decrypt them but that is only a small part of the battle as there are many other checks and things that need to be done before any nesica games can become playable.

Hi everyone,
I test 2 type of TTX2 and Vewlix & New Net City cabs.
I used V1.0.

TAITO TypeX2 - 207A, 1GB RAM, GF7900GS, DVI to VGA 31k Output, 64 GB SSD, CRT Mode, New Net City Cabinet, Sega Sega 837-13551 I/O.
Battle Fantasia - working good.
BlazBlue CalamityTrigger - working good.
BlazBlue ContinuumShift - working good.
ChaosBreaker - working good.
GigaWing Generations - working good.
Homura - working good.
King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match - COIN ERROR.
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A - working good.
King of Fighters SkyStage - working good.
King of Fighters XII - COIN ERROR.
King of Fighters XIII - COIN ERROR.
PowerInstinct 5 - working good.
Raiden3 - working good.
Raiden4 - working good.
SamuraiSpirits Sen - working good.
SenkoNoRonde Duo - working good.
ShikigamiNoShiro 3 - working good.
Spica Adventure - working good.
StreetFighter 4 - working good.
Super StreetFighter 4 Arcade Edition - working good.
Super StreetFighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 - working good.
Tetris the Grand Master 3 - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
Trouble Witches - working good.

TAITO TypeX2 - 207A(P4 3.4Ghz), 1GB RAM, GF7900GS, DVI 720P Output, 64 GB SSD, LCD Mode, Vewlix Cabinet, Taito JVS I/O.
Others is working good.

TAITO TypeX2 - 212A(Core2 2.13Ghz), 2GB RAM, GF9800GT SP, DVI 720P Output, 64 GB SSD, LCD Mode, Vewlix Cabinet, Taito JVS I/O.
Battle Fantasia - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
BlazBlue CalamityTrigger - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
BlazBlue ContinuumShift - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
ChaosBreaker - Black Screen, but Sound & Joystick is work.
GigaWing Generations - Black Screen, but Sound & Joystick is work.
Homura - Black Screen, but Sound & Joystick is work.
King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A - TTX2 is Shutdown.
King of Fighters SkyStage - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
King of Fighters XII Black Screen(Doens't work).
King of Fighters XIII - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
PowerInstinct 5 - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
Raiden3 - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
Raiden4 - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
SamuraiSpirits Sen - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
SenkoNoRonde Duo - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
ShikigamiNoShiro 3 - Black Screen, but Sound & Joystick is work.
Spica Adventure - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
StreetFighter 4 - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
Super StreetFighter 4 Arcade Edition - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
Super StreetFighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
Trouble Witches - Back to Select Screen(Doesn't work).
I think this is graphic driver's problem. I'll try to multi SSD v1.1 later.

Death Smiles 2 & EXAMU games Doesn't work.
Actually, those file is not Niko's.
Coin Error is happening because you are missing the coin meter, or its not connected to your JVS I/O. You can use a different JVS I/O or add a resister to the I/O board to trick it into thinking you have a coin meter connected.

Tetris the Grand Master 3 was made for a ATI card and OpenGL and thats why it doesnt work on the Multi. Updating the video card driver fixes Tetris, but breaks other games.

The Multi requires use of the 7900GS card. Since 90% of the games where made for it. The video driver on the multi is the stock driver used for almost all X2 games and supports GPU's up to 7900 series. Updating the graphics card driver would likely fix it, but will break other games. The driver in 1.1 is a much newer video card driver but still might not be new enough for the 9800.

Last edited:
Dumb question maybe, but without a keyboard, what is the combo for exiting a game and getting back to the multi menu?

It might be posted somewhere on some page, read it through but could not find any information.

Dumb question maybe, but without a keyboard, what is the combo for exiting a game and getting back to the multi menu?

It might be posted somewhere on some page, read it through but could not find any information.
Without a keyboard you're limited to entering test mode, then exiting from there and hoping it drops you back to the multi rather than restarting the current game.

With a PS/2 keyboard you can usually exit most games with ALT + F4 or the Escape key.

Ok, Thnx - that's what I'm doing today, There are some games, as @hadouken wrote, that refuses to quit/exit, even with keyboard. The test mode is in japanese or similar and I can't understand how to even quit that menu. :)

On Joergs image it is possible to run horizontal games on vertical setup (have not tried the opposite), would it be possible to get a similar setting/option on this multi?

Usually i quit using first ALT + TAB - then ESC or ALT+F4 ....Not all games react on ESC or ALT+F4 on my setup....

slow down, guys. While it would be nice to have nesica versions of games (and exclusives) I understand why they haven't been released and respect the reasons and decisions behind it.

they'll come out to everyone in time.

in the meantime I guess ill have to keep an eye out for a nesys drive :)

I never said I don't understand the reasons why someone chose not to release the games they themselves hacked. I am saying that if someone else decided to hack them and made a different decision that is fine by me.

Hell I am not an arcade operator, and yet I have willingly spent thousands of dollars on original arcade equipment to play games the way they were originally released. I would happily pay Capcom/Taito for the games directly but they have made a business decision not to sell to me. That is their choice as a business. Hell I have 3 USFIV type X3 setups for my vewlix cabs. I know that I cannot use them today (even with the full nesicaxlive server/router/cardreader I also have), because Taito is never going to sell me an account. But I hope to use them one day.

That said I would willingly buy a nesica drive, and pay someone to crack those games so that I could play them on my original hardware. I am not in it to put game companies out of business. The fact that probably 20 dudes have access to play them today makes no more sense to me than if 50 of us total here did. If someone can crack a game, they could put their own protection in to lock it to certain peoples typex2 system for example.

I never said I don't understand the reasons why someone chose not to release the games they themselves hacked. I am saying that if someone else decided to hack them and made a different decision that is fine by me.

Hell I am not an arcade operator, and yet I have willingly spent thousands of dollars on original arcade equipment to play games the way they were originally released. I would happily pay Capcom/Taito for the games directly but they have made a business decision not to sell to me. That is their choice as a business. Hell I have 3 USFIV type X3 setups for my vewlix cabs. I know that I cannot use them today (even with the full nesicaxlive server/router/cardreader I also have), because Taito is never going to sell me an account. But I hope to use them one day.

That said I would willingly buy a nesica drive, and pay someone to crack those games so that I could play them on my original hardware. I am not in it to put game companies out of business. The fact that probably 20 dudes have access to play them today makes no more sense to me than if 50 of us total here did. If someone can crack a game, they could put their own protection in to lock it to certain peoples typex2 system for example.
croudfunding the purchase of a nesys drive and then having Niko (or someone else) decrypt them with the intent to release the roms is the same as croudfunding to pay him to release the roms... he's part of a group that has promised to not release them until the nesica service is discontinued, and that needs to be respected by him and normal people like us.

That said, I have access to the English version of Dariusburst: Another chronicle (not ex) and can offer it up to be dumped :)

he's part of a group that has promised to not release them until the nesica service is discontinued, and that needs to be respected by him and normal people like us.
I agree and respect their decision on this, although it may not seem fair.
That said, I have access to the English version of Dariusburst: Another chronicle (not ex) and can offer it up to be dumped
That would be awesome. Do you think it could be made to play on a single screen?! Although I could put 2 of vewlix cabs side by side.

he's part of a group that has promised to not release them until the nesica service is discontinued, and that needs to be respected by him and normal people like us.
I agree and respect their decision on this, although it may not seem fair.
That said, I have access to the English version of Dariusburst: Another chronicle (not ex) and can offer it up to be dumped
That would be awesome. Do you think it could be made to play on a single screen?! Although I could put 2 of vewlix cabs side by side.
I may work in the software/hardware industry, but I'm no programmer. That would be up to whomever can and will assist me with the dumping.

I've already been in touch with individuals and the ball is rolling.

croudfunding the purchase of a nesys drive and then having Niko (or someone else) decrypt them with the intent to release the roms is the same as croudfunding to pay him to release the roms... he's part of a group that has promised to not release them until the nesica service is discontinued, and that needs to be respected by him and normal people like us.
That said, I have access to the English version of Dariusburst: Another chronicle (not ex) and can offer it up to be dumped :)
I did not see a biography published that said Niko was part of the group that decrypted the roms, so I had no way of knowing that. If you are going to police other peoples opinions on a forum, make sure you explain the situation first. People are not unreasonable if they understand what is going on.

That said, I never said I wanted to release the roms. I said I wanted to be able to play USFIV.

For clarity's sake, please explain the dumping situation. People are providing dumps of games they paid money for to a collective that then decrypts them. The collective can obviously play that game from that point on. Does the person who provided the game get the chance to play that game at the same time? Or do they receive nothing but credit later on when the game is finally released in a couple of years when NesicaXLive is shut down?

Back