What's new
I never said I don't understand the reasons why someone chose not to release the games they themselves hacked. I am saying that if someone else decided to hack them and made a different decision that is fine by me.

Hell I am not an arcade operator, and yet I have willingly spent thousands of dollars on original arcade equipment to play games the way they were originally released. I would happily pay Capcom/Taito for the games directly but they have made a business decision not to sell to me. That is their choice as a business. Hell I have 3 USFIV type X3 setups for my vewlix cabs. I know that I cannot use them today (even with the full nesicaxlive server/router/cardreader I also have), because Taito is never going to sell me an account. But I hope to use them one day.

That said I would willingly buy a nesica drive, and pay someone to crack those games so that I could play them on my original hardware. I am not in it to put game companies out of business. The fact that probably 20 dudes have access to play them today makes no more sense to me than if 50 of us total here did. If someone can crack a game, they could put their own protection in to lock it to certain peoples typex2 system for example.
If you want me to dump USFIV I can, and you can publicly release it if you wish. I'm not the best at cracking the games to run offline but I've done a few before and could give it a shot. Worse case, I dump it and cant crack it. Then you release it and someone else patches it run offline and everyone gets USFIV.

I never said I don't understand the reasons why someone chose not to release the games they themselves hacked. I am saying that if someone else decided to hack them and made a different decision that is fine by me.

Hell I am not an arcade operator, and yet I have willingly spent thousands of dollars on original arcade equipment to play games the way they were originally released. I would happily pay Capcom/Taito for the games directly but they have made a business decision not to sell to me. That is their choice as a business. Hell I have 3 USFIV type X3 setups for my vewlix cabs. I know that I cannot use them today (even with the full nesicaxlive server/router/cardreader I also have), because Taito is never going to sell me an account. But I hope to use them one day.

That said I would willingly buy a nesica drive, and pay someone to crack those games so that I could play them on my original hardware. I am not in it to put game companies out of business. The fact that probably 20 dudes have access to play them today makes no more sense to me than if 50 of us total here did. If someone can crack a game, they could put their own protection in to lock it to certain peoples typex2 system for example.
If you want me to dump USFIV I can, and you can publicly release it if you wish. I'm not the best at cracking the games to run offline but I've done a few before and could give it a shot. Worse case, I dump it and cant crack it. Then you release it and someone else patches it run offline and everyone gets USFIV.
^This is all that needed to be said. Ultimately it's your game, and if Niko's going to crack it then it would be up to him whether or not he gave you permission to release it publicly... and even then, you could say screw it and release it, then possibly get him in trouble with his group.

I'm not privy beyond knowing that there's a group that dumps and cracks games. I Imagine that the individual that provides the game is given the cracked version as well as the ability to use it. That's the only reason why I offered the English version of Darius Burst: Another Chronicle. The original owner is worried about the game taking a dive and knows that I know people that can help. As for releasing it to the masses.. I would not only need to ask the owner's permission, but also the permission of the individual that cracked it.

I would LOVE to have USF4, but I think it's more important to be CONSIDERATE than it is to have anything. After all, we're relying on a group of other people to crack and release these games. Saying I'm policing the forum implies that I have sway.. I don't. I'm a peon, just like everyone else here.

^This is all that needed to be said. Ultimately it's your game, and if Niko's going to crack it then it would be up to him whether or not he gave you permission to release it publicly... and even then, you could say screw it and release it, then possibly get him in trouble with his group.
I'm not privy beyond knowing that there's a group that dumps and cracks games. I Imagine that the individual that provides the game is given the cracked version as well as the ability to use it. That's the only reason why I offered the English version of Darius Burst: Another Chronicle. The original owner is worried about the game taking a dive and knows that I know people that can help. As for releasing it to the masses.. I would not only need to ask the owner's permission, but also the permission of the individual that cracked it.

I would LOVE to have USF4, but I think it's more important to be CONSIDERATE than it is to have anything. After all, we're relying on a group of other people to crack and release these games. Saying I'm policing the forum implies that I have sway.. I don't. I'm a peon, just like everyone else here.
Lemony I know that you don't have any sway. What bothered me was the tone of your initial response to me. It did not provide a set of information to get other people up to speed, it stated an opinion as if it was the only opinion to have, without the information that would give context to how that opinion was formed. Instead of telling people not to express a desire to have a game, explain to them in detail why those games are not available.

As for cracking, releasing etc. Personally I would never release anything myself. If someone cracked something I provided, I would let that person decide whether to release it or not. It was their hard work that made it possible. I am not trying to get money out of something I purchased. I just want to play that game. I am all for sharing in this community, so I hope that it would be shared. This community is dependent on sharing, sharing parts, sharing knowledge. There are so many small esoteric things that go into keeping these games running. Without that sharing many platforms would be dead. I can get behind protecting the game creators until their original platform is deprecated, but I did not know that was the case. But I can say there is a difference between someone making a bunch of money off of the crack while it is not fully released, and not releasing it at all.

cheers

My apologies, I thought niko being part of a cracking group was known. Utlimately USF4 on the drive you own is your game, and you should be able to use it for personal use. I have no prob with that at all :D It'd be cool if shared, if not that's cool too :)

I'm not keen on those people who crack games for resale (AMB, anyone?).. that's not cool at all.

You and I see eye to eye, just took a bit of exposition to get there. :D

I passed a 1.1 drive to a buddy of mine and he's having difficulty with a capcom IO, specifically that he's unable to get controls working with it. Is there any special trick to get it going?

I passed a 1.1 drive to a buddy of mine and he's having difficulty with a capcom IO, specifically that he's unable to get controls working with it. Is there any special trick to get it going?
If you're referring to your DariusBurst, it requires 2 Taito "Fast" type I/O's. Nothing else is currently an option unless someone hacks the game a bit.

Sorry for the absence the guys. Its been a very busy time with work.

I still recommend everyone use v1.0 of the multi as it uses the exact driver the X2 games where made for.

Also the recommended JVS I/O board is the "Rev.B" board. It is definitely the "fastest" I've seen so far, and they are pretty cheap!

If he has a Capcom I/O V1 it will not work with the multi, I have a V2 and it works.
I have a Capcom I/O V1 and it works without issue. (so far)

On a sightly different note. Has a compatible version of MAME been released yet?

Cheers.

If he has a Capcom I/O V1 it will not work with the multi, I have a V2 and it works.
I have a Capcom I/O V1 and it works without issue. (so far)
On a sightly different note. Has a compatible version of MAME been released yet?

Cheers.
Looks to be a hit or miss with the Capcom IO as I have V2 that only worked on the muti menu and fails on game loads. So I use a REV.B

Looks to be a hit or miss with the Capcom IO as I have V2 that only worked on the muti menu and fails on game loads. So I use a REV.B
I have a Capcom Rev2 which works 100% with the multi, proper PSU with a HAS powers the JAMMA part and the video is of course routed directly.

I could never get my Capcom Rev1 to work properly with my orginal TypeX. Capcom Rev2 works 100%.

Probably the wrong place to ask, but has there been any progress out there in getting Mobile Suit Gundam: Spirits of Zeon dumped and in the system?

Probably the wrong place to ask, but has there been any progress out there in getting Mobile Suit Gundam: Spirits of Zeon dumped and in the system?
Doesn't that require light-guns and a special setup ?

light guns yes, from what i've seen as far as a special setup- it shouldn't

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54571

Looks like Jackalus is selling Nesica bootlegs for 800 EUR. <X
And he's already bitching because you linked to his thread even thought there has been ZERO DISCUSSION about his kit here. lol

Oh and we "kings" can sell shit ton of bootlegs without you guys crying, apparently. 800 EUR is a lot of money for a collector to pay. He shouldn't get so butthurt if someone bitches about that. Jeez. Know your customers for Christ's sake. But what do I know? It seems all I do is sell shit tons of bootlegs.

Back