What's new
yes, but unless that game gets loaded with the key-file in ttx multi it boots to black screen because it has on the fly file system decryption that niko fixed

Could be corruption with sf4 try copying it again. Also remember to safely eject the drive to avoid corruption.
When you guys do the update method, make sure to right click the "exe" files and goto "Properties" and uncheck "Block". Windows likes to block executables originating from other systems.

Also, like corey said make sure you use the "safely eject" option, before disconnecting the drive from your computer.
Unfortunately both didn't do the trick...
I also re-downloaded the SSF4 1.3 files and copied those without success, still black screen after the 'injection'

During the weekend I will try to do the image method instead of the update method and copy all games again, fingers crossed ;)

would it be possible to get an video of it happening eg with your phone or the likes

wait, "injection"? It sounds like you are using the TypeX loader designed for PC. I think you are trying to use the version Corey initially gave out.

wait, "injection"? It sounds like you are using the TypeX loader designed for PC. I think you are trying to use the version Corey initially gave out.
I will post a video today, I don't know the exact text it says.
The version of the game I downloaded should be a 'real' TTX2 game as it cam from someone's FTP ;)

I will post a video today, I don't know the exact text it says.The version of the game I downloaded should be a 'real' TTX2 game as it cam from someone's FTP ;)
I think I found the problem, after receiving another version to test, I compared my OLD version with this NEW version and apparently the OLD version is just 1.2GB compared to 6.6GB of the other one.
Went back to my FTP download source and I think something went wrong with downloading (3 times!), as the FTP server holds all the files.
I don't know why I can only download the game partially, but nevermind, I'm good with the new version now :)

Hi everyone! I'm a total newbie here so please excuse me if I'd ask stupid answers. I've been using a Joerg multigame since a couple of years now, bit as soon as I discovered Niko's wonderful work I really wanted to try it.
I currently own a TypeX2 with P4 and 1gb ram (runs fine DS2 from joerg multi) so I think I only need to buy a new SSD...
I read the 50+ pages of the thread but I'm not sure I completely understood all the passages:
1) I downloaded the "notniko" 30gb pack and uncompressed roughly 60gb img. Now, what soft do I have to use to burn the image over a SSD? Please note I'm a mainly Mac user ^^
2) Is there any particular SSD model you suggest to buy? Any known compatibility issues with TX2?
3) I would really like to try the new releases... (KOFclimax, SSFIVAE) any hint on where to find them? :D

Thanks everyone for the support!

1. mac has DD its quite simple to use but its command line only
this is what the command should look like dd if=/path/to/img of=/dev/diskX change X to the correct number for the drive. use "diskutil list" to find the disk number.
NOTE: be 100% sure everything is correct as this will wipe everything from the drive it writes to so double check you have the correct disk number

2. samsung evo 750 are pretty cheap and realiable

3. ill shoot you a pm

Thanks Corey!

Is there any alternative to DD for mac users? I know it's quite simple but I would like to... ehm... minimize the risks :D

Thanks again

im not a mac user so im not sure what available. Dd is an app that can be found on most unix like OSs.

If you want to go the dd route send me the output of diskutil list and i can tell you which drive is the correct one

Thanks Corey, I might have access to win system so it might be better for a newbie like me to bypass DD and switch to a more user-friendly soft.
Has someone done a sort of step-by-step installation guide for win users?

Thanks!

Also exists in Europe, the EMK3105 from Enermax, got 5 of them for TTX2, Lindbergh and Mame pc, very handy !
I bought a couple of these EMK3105 however I find that they are very sensitive to the drive type and I have to push the disk firmly in to make contact. Are you guys experiencing something similar ?

My Corsair 120 GB I can get to work by pushing but no chance on my Kingston 64 GB. Tested on a PC as well with the same result.

I am also using a couple of the Enermax EMK3105 on two X2 systems. I haven't had any issues inserting the disks, both Samsung SSDs. One thing I didn't do when installing the EMK3105s, I didn't add the sticker the underside of my drive. That's only needed if the drive has an exposed PCB, but my SSDs are completely enclosed.

I am also using a couple of the Enermax EMK3105 on two X2 systems. I haven't had any issues inserting the disks, both Samsung SSDs. One thing I didn't do when installing the EMK3105s, I didn't add the sticker the underside of my drive. That's only needed if the drive has an exposed PCB, but my SSDs are completely enclosed.
Took a closer look and there is a very small difference in the form factor between my drives as well as at least 3 years :D

Both are SSDs with proper casings.

The connector at the back is spring loaded. I unscrewed the connector and it looks like it does not go "deep enough" on the older drives.

I bought a couple of these EMK3105 however I find that they are very sensitive to the drive type and I have to push the disk firmly in to make contact. Are you guys experiencing something similar ?
My Corsair 120 GB I can get to work by pushing but no chance on my Kingston 64 GB. Tested on a PC as well with the same result.
Some thin ssd are a bit tricky to slide in the right place, just stick a little ruber feet on top of the ssd or inside the EMK3105 if all the ssd have same thickness...

Attachments

• ttx22.jpg
    ttx22.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 211
  • ttx21.jpg
    ttx21.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
hey all,

I'm having a heck of a time finding a copy of SSF4:AE 2012 v1.3 that works with the multidrive... @corey gave me two copies and @deep gave me one, and I still can't get them to load, it just boots me back to the loader screen.

can someone help me get this going? :(

Back