What's new
I thought the examu games were supported on 1.3 - just no nesica live.....

ok thank you for clarifying. Some of the games in that list were on the multi. I just was confused as to which were supported. I'm ok with waiting. It will be worth it in the end

Thanks again
yeah, some of the games on the multi have updated versions, you'll see some even called "[Game] for xLive" specifically. Those are the versions that aren't supported in the multi yet. The previous versions are, though. Example: the multi supports Arcana Heart 2.1, but not 'Arcana Heart 2 for NESiCAxLive'.

Ok cool thanks again. I do have Arcana Heart 2.1 but if i remember correctly that was one of the games which controls did not work for.

Ok cool thanks again. I do have Arcana Heart 2.1 but if i remember correctly that was one of the games which controls did not work for.
Arcana Heart was one of the Examu games that I had to add special support for. Im shooting you a PM now.

So I haven't been playing my x2 much lately but my son just had a friend over who is a huge street fighter fan so I plugged it into the vewlix and they loaded SSF4 but couldn't play 2 player. The only version that allowed 2 player was the regular sf4 export edition. Is this right? I could have sworn there was a version of super street fighter 4 on the multi that allowed 2 player.

So I haven't been playing my x2 much lately but my son just had a friend over who is a huge street fighter fan so I plugged it into the vewlix and they loaded SSF4 but couldn't play 2 player. The only version that allowed 2 player was the regular sf4 export edition. Is this right? I could have sworn there was a version of super street fighter 4 on the multi that allowed 2 player.
off the top of my head, I think you can go into the test mode and set the cabinet type to 2p.

Ultra has a 2 player select option inside the test menu, not sure of other versions.

Can Confirm No such option is inside
SF4
SF4 AE 1.0
SF4 Ae 1.1
SF4 AE 1.3

Last edited:
maybe here... http://swiss-arcade.forumgratuit.ch/t128-taito-type-x2-multi-games

I tried the SSf4 versions I have. There are no options for this in the test menu.

Deep, Are there any download links on the page you linked to? I'm looking at it translated but don't see any. It looks like you definitely have the 2 player version. I would love to get my hands on that. I cant wait until we can finally ultra.

just have to register to see them (clic on the game name)

off the top of my head, I think you can go into the test mode and set the cabinet type to 2p.
I heard this was Ultra only. Someone please confirm.
That's what I get for relying on my memory... I just looked and couldn't find a 2p option in the SSF4 games on the existing multi. I must have tried it on regular SF4 last time 'round.

Mmm... My situation is actually a bit worse. I tried booting up the multi countless times, and everytime controls only work for a couple of seconds then everything "freeze". If I manage to launch a game, however, controls work flawlessly (except for examu games)
I'm having the exact same issue. I'm running it in a Naomi Universal. @Niko has this been fixed? The 1.3 img I have is from February I think.

HISTORY: I've been using the multi on a different setup with standard Sega I/O with jamma edge. This new setup is the Naomi Universal and I'm trying to run EXAMU games for the first time because I never had 1GB RAM before. The games do run but controls are dead.

Last edited:
Whatever is in a Naomi Uni. Probably 837-13551-92

I can confirm 838-13683-02 (jamma edge) works.

I am also using 838-13683-02 (Rev B some people refer to it as) and it works with the multi/games/cjvs. Sometimes it'll "crash" when going back to the menu from a game but I assume that's likely more a result of a game improperly closing the com port. Only game it doesn't want to work with is Homura.

maybe here... http://swiss-arcade.forumgratuit.ch/t128-taito-type-x2-multi-games
I downloaded the 2-player version from the link and everything plays fine but it will not save the settings. So the game options have to be set each time the machine is turned on. Is there a way to make it save the settings? It would also be nice to not have to enter the password for oni and evil ryu each time.

love it. has a problem someone comes to T/S his issue instead of a definitive answer to a question that required a definitive answer his response is a probably/maybe.

:thumbsup:

love it. has a problem someone comes to T/S his issue instead of a definitive answer to a question that required a definitive answer his response is a probably/maybe.

:thumbsup:
It is definitely, absolutely 837-14505. Didn't know I was the only one on this forum with a Naomi Uni so I'm glad I could contribute. Troubleshoot away, bro!

Mmm... My situation is actually a bit worse. I tried booting up the multi countless times, and everytime controls only work for a couple of seconds then everything "freeze". If I manage to launch a game, however, controls work flawlessly (except for examu games)
I'm having the exact same issue. I'm running it in a Naomi Universal. @Niko has this been fixed? The 1.3 img I have is from February I think.
HISTORY: I've been using the multi on a different setup with standard Sega I/O with jamma edge. This new setup is the Naomi Universal and I'm trying to run EXAMU games for the first time because I never had 1GB RAM before. The games do run but controls are dead.
Did you get the EXAMU games from my FTP? Or somewhere else?

If you got them somewhere else on the internet the controls wont work. I used my KB to JVS to make those work.

Back