What's new
(I'm also curious to know what most people are using for MAME frontends nowadays)
Attract Mode runs quite well on the TTX. I played around with it for a bit but stop due to no controls yet till Niko finishes it off.
Attract mode is also pretty easy to setup.

it can be setup to be very similar to hyperspin and can use the same art and videos. hyperspin runs but is very laggy on the TTX2

Last edited:
@lemonade - if you see another one like that please PM me.. I am looking for one:)

That's cool. We were having some trouble getting RC2 to boot on it, I upgraded to 1.0 but wasn't around to see if it worked. Everything worked on my TTX2 (210A) but didn't work on his... I didn't realize it was a Nesica Satellite. At least it's staying within the family.

ok I got it.
the fucker did something to the MAME.EXE so it won't run except on the original HDD, or a hacked SATA HDD that appears as a 64GB SSD (which is what I have here). Or maybe he checks something on the HDD. It won't run on a normal PC.
I replaced the hacked shit with the factory MAME.EXE (renamed to game.exe) and it loads. Of course it doesn't work with the cabinet controls.
But it does work with the keyboard :D
At least now I can start setting it up with MALA and snaps/cabs etc.
(I'm also curious to know what most people are using for MAME frontends nowadays)

Maybe someone can do a tutorial on modifying the Windows on the TX2 to add other drivers.
I would be nice to add a Logitech wireless keyboard or something. Info about modifying Embedded XP on the net is a bit blurry.

btw, Chase HQ 2 runs on the standard TX2 (but very slowly for some reason. It uses a different video card I think). Controls don't work of course so that will need to be patched if people want to run it on the multi.
Anyway, I am uploading it now...
It would also be nice to get Wacky Races working too. The hacked version on the net is a big mess and doesn't run on TX2 (at least not here)
Interesting.
Arcademodbios X2 mame works great...but button 5,6 on P2 side are wrong...and has been that for a long time. :(

First post, found this place searching for what I could do with my Taito Type X2, menu works great but all my dumps don't work, maybe my dumps are bad :(

First post, found this place searching for what I could do with my Taito Type X2, menu works great but all my dumps don't work, maybe my dumps are bad :(
Where did you get your "dumps" ?

Where did you get your "dumps" ?
I'm only new to this, I just got a Namco Noir Cab with a Taito Type X2, it's my first interacting with arcade machines. I found the dumps on rutracker but I think they have been modified to work on normal PC hardware X/ . I missed out on the torrent spoken about a few pages back.

This is what it's doing:

Last edited:
Yeah you need game images designed to boot on the multi.

Thank you for the info, I'll delete what I downloaded. I'm on the hunt :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Has anyone successfully setup Mame inside this?

So, I got my second TTX2 in the mail today, along with a new SSD and some other shit. I am trying to image the drive and for the life of me I can't get it to fucking write. Anyone have any free, asshole proof software they can recommend? Everything I have tried up until now hasn't worked.

WinHEX, WinImage, ImgBurn, Win32 DiskImager, SelfImage and one other one I deleted and can't remember. I actually have it saying its going right now, but its only at 32% so we will see.

Back